“Didn't Sleep!”

Ranked #29 of 39 Hotels in Saskatoon
Flin Flon, Canada
“Didn't Sleep!”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at the hotel at a rate of $185/night on Feb 5th. We checked in at 3am as we were coming in on a late flight and went straight to bed. We were awoken at 6am by the alarm clock (I guess the last guest set it and the staff never shut it off). Then at 7am the fire alarm began going off. At 8am construction began in the room beside us which included sawing and hammering. Safe to say at this point we determined we were not going to get any more sleep. We went downstairs to check out and complained of the disturbances and asked for compensation as we paid quite a bit for the room. She said she could give us a rate of $165 instead because they can't help the fire alarm or the construction. I then said that they could have helped the alarm clock but the staff said "yeah, the maids normally shut that off. That would have been annoying." I don't normally give poor reviews but I felt like they should have given us better compensation for the fact that we got very little rest at this hotel.

The positives were that the room was clean and nice. Nice big king sized bed. I noticed a lot of other reviews were stating that it was too hot - but our room was fine. That being said I prefer it to be warmer.

If you are planning on sleeping in at all or are getting in on a late flight I would highly recommend booking another hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

We had booked a queen sized bed and we got ther at midnight and they gave us a king size with a seperate sitting nook with couch and easy chair. One thing is the hot and cold in shower were turned around. Very nicely redone! Will definitely come again! Thanks sandman!!

• Stayed January 2014
Regina, Canada
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

My family stayed at the Sandman on Boxing Day of 2013. There were six of us, so we needed two separate rooms.

First I will start with the positives.

The staff was very kind and friendly

There was lots of parking

And the rooms were clean.

UNFORTUNATELY the few negatives outweighed the positives.

First, the beds were incredibly small. The hotels calls them "queen sized" but they are significantly smaller than a queen.

And the part that bothered us the most was the unbelievably HOT temperature they kept the whole hotel at. The Sandman uses in floor heating so if you want to change the temperature it takes about 7-8 hrs. The rooms were unbearably hot even though we opened the windows and turned on the air conditioning, IN DECEMBER! The A\C we had set at sixty two degrees, but it only blew warm air, so it really didn't make any difference. In our second room the air conditioning didn't even work. The only way I was able to get ANY sleep was to sleep completely uncovered and with a cool face cloth on my face, and even with that I hardly slept.

All in all I think the value in a hotel is mostly based on the quality of sleep you get, and we got none.

If you like to sleep in VERY warm temperatures this hotel will work fine for you, if not do yourself a favor and find another hotel.

Stayed December 2013

Travellers are raving about these Saskatoon hotels

Medicine Hat, Canada
Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed for two nights.... it took a lot to get us there but after a misplaced reservation, an incorrect room key and a non pet free room we finally settled into a very Hot room ... had to open a window in minus 30 just to stay at a reasonable temp.... Denny's was good. Pool was broken .... Keys never worked ....

The rooms were spacious ... furniture dated but functional, no breakfast or comp coffee.

hopefully renovated it improves.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Qu'appelle
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I try to see my grandson in Saskatoon as much as I can but they have no room so I stay in a hotel . yours is my favorite for value and I sleep very good . thx sandman. I will definatley consider you in the future

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Winnipeg
Reviewed 10 November 2013

The rooms were quite dated. The TV was resting on a chest of drawers that were scratched and worn, the mirror in the bathroom was patched at the corners with paint that did not match the mirror edging at all. The bed linens were of a low class motel type. Do not stay in the wing near the pool unless you want to listen to kids running up and down all evening. The Denny's that was attached was ok, the front desk staff were friendly but I would look to another hotel like Days Inn or something else in the area. Price was pretty high for the room considering what little you get.

Room Tip: Stay on the 2nd floor, the sound proofing in the rooms is poor, I could hear people walking in the r...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank PAFWinnipeg
Richmond Hill, Canada
Reviewed 7 November 2013

The hotel is several minutes away from the airport but at least ten minutes away from downtown. There is little to do in the area. So expect to drive or pay a lot for a cab to explore downtown.
Walking in the hotel I knew it wouldn't be a Hilton-style kind of experience. The lobby was okay but was under renovation. The concierges were pretty nice and the room was clean. The bed was cozy so I am not complaining. The hotel is pretty green for its conservation measures, which I appreciate, but the water flow was too slow to the point it discouraged bathing.

The pool and whirlpool were fine, I used it twice during my stay there.
Denny's is attached to the hotel, the food is alright. But for sports, beer, and cute waitresses, go next door to the Shark Club instead.
The hotel runs a complimentary airport shuttle, let the concierge know the night before so they can tell the driver when to expect you. To save time at checkout, an express checkout option is available.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a fridge. Ask for one if that is something you want.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business