“$230 Cancellation Fee!!!!”

The James Hotel
Ranked #4 of 39 Hotels in Saskatoon
“$230 Cancellation Fee!!!!”
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here before and room small but location of hotel helps. This time cancelled single night reservation at 4:00 PM because meeting plans changed for law firm. Was nailed $230 cancellation fee. What a poor business decision on James' insensitive staff member's part.

• Stayed November 2013
9 Thank calgarylawyer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Winnipeg
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We booked this hotel based on recommendations found on Tripadvisor. It is a lovely small, lovely hotel located on the river accross from the Bess Bourough and centrally located in downtown Saskatoon. We loved the balcony with the spectacular river views. The hotel is clean and modern including the very lovely lounge. A hot breakfast is included.

Room Tip: We enjoyed a higher floor with a balcony with a river view.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We stayed here this October, and must say it was pleasant all around. The staff is friendly and helpful, not one unpleasant person was encountered. The bed was amazing, as were the pillows. As far as breakfast was concerned...it wasn't the usual continental crap, that comes with most hotels. Fresh bacon, farmers sausage, baby potatoes, fruit , yougurt....and an egg station where we could have a fresh omelette....or eggs Benedict ! The location is great, and the view of the river was beautiful. We will be back :)

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank stacpat
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Stayed at the James after a concert weekend out of town. What's to say?? The best of the best!
Free parking, attentive staff, turn down service, very good food from the room service menu. Full stocked mini bar and snacks..
The best of all ... The beds and wonderful high thread count sheets... Lovelee! Love every stay at the James..

• Stayed October 2013
Everywhere
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We often travel to Saskatoon and in the past few months have stayed at the James Hotel. The hotel is located right in the downtown district within walking distance to shops, pubs and restaurants. Across the street is the park and in the winter it is an outdooor skating rink. The hotel rooms are apartment style with a balcony (we recommend river veiw) with chairs and a table. It is nice in the evvenings to st there with a glass of wine and watch the people walking around the park. The rooms have wood floors, large livign room and a seperate bedroom. There is a TV in living room and one in bedroom. Free breakfast is included with the room and it is a full breakfast with an omlet station etc.
We have made this our number one hotel to stay at in Saskatoon. I recommend this hotel to everyone - I do not think you will be disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask for river veiw or park veiw. City veiw is not great.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Theitinerants
London
Reviewed 28 September 2013

It was just a one-nighter and I arrived late so didn't get to enjoy the bar. But the room/suite was so lovely, when I ordered room service I didn't feel I was missing out on anything going on downstairs!
Initial impression: I must admit I was dubious when I pulled up outside, in the dark the exterior looked like a 1960s apartment complex, circa Brady Bunch era. BUT when you walk in, there was a warmth in the decor, yet subtle sophistication, that I definitely liked. The bar looked incredibly inviting: I could only see one corner of it from the check-in desk but it was warmly lit and buzzy - I wish I hadn't been so jet-lagged or I could have spent the evening on one of the comfy sofas in the bar!

Service: everyone at the hotel was very friendly without being OTT - check-in, breakfast, room service - can't fault their civility and seemingly genuine concern over my well-being.

The room/room service/amenities: The room was BIG with a separate lounge area, I really did feel like I was at home! I ordered some room service and it was fairly prompt - the burger was a tad disappointing (but I am likely spoilt by a myriad of gourmet burgers back home in London) but the service was friendly. The bed was big and comfortable, I was dead to the world once I got in it! I fell in love when I woke up to a stunning pink sky over the bridge and church steeple next door. And the amenities: well didn't I just fall in love with the coffee machine, not Nespresso but just as good. The L'Occitane toiletries were a treat too.

Breakfast: gorgeous. Small selection but high quality, I felt, with something for everyone without being too scattered. And a lovely chef waiting to make omelettes for all and sundry.

Conclusion: highly recommend (not that I have any other point of reference in Saskatoon as this was my first overnight stay) - I will definitely return to this hotel.

Room Tip: I faced the front of the hotel - gorgeous view over the river/bridge/church steeple
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank LoveLuxuryStays
Regina, Canada
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Very attentive staff. Great complimentary breakfast (not cheap continental). Fabulous bed and sheets (best sleep). Eclectic lounge. Free parking. Close to shopping and restaurants. Turn down service with cookie / pastries. Full mini bar and Keurig coffee machine. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple