US$124
US$82
US$132
US$129
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$148/night.

US$137
US$107
US$96
US$89
Agoda.com
All reviewsturn down serviceeggs benedictboutique hotelthe rivergreat boutiquelobby barone bedroom suitebreakfast roomfresh fruitskating rinkamazing hoteleach eveningbottled watercity viewbreakfast was includedcomfortable beddowntown saskatoon
Reviewed 28 May 2014

A small boutique hotel, hidden along the river bank, the James is the destination for discriminating tastes. The view of the river is fantastic, the restaurant is perfect and the evening snacks wonderful. I want to live there!

A bit pricey, but worth every penny.

Room Tip: Higher floors have the better view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BigTalk
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Better than most Saskatoon hotels, but I was expecting more based on other reviews. The rooms were nicely decorated in a modern style, although the couches are terribly uncomfortable. I liked the small touches such as a keurig coffee maker and a dessert waiting for us on Saturday night. The bed was extremely comfortable and the bathrooms were gorgeous. The breakfast room is really nice and I enjoyed the food.
I didn't experience the amazing service that others have mentioned. The type of water we requested was not in our room and we didn't get turn-down service on the first night. Our robes were missing from our room when we returned on Saturday night and when I called to request that they bring some up I received the response "right now?". I certainly wouldn't be calling if I didn't need the robe at that moment and didn't appreciate the attitude. I had also asked about taking a few photos in the afternoon in the lobby seating area as it was raining on our wedding day. I was told this was ok, but then about an hour later someone else called to say that this was not allowed and didn't help come up with any other suggestions. It was a little bit annoying and not very sympathetic to a bride whose outdoor wedding was rained out. So in summary, the hotel was very nice but I expected a bit more in terms of service.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

Have not been this impressed with hotel in a long, long time! Great Service would an understatement! 6 star hotel. The bed linens and the personally cooked breakfast are top notch. Stay here whenever you can.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I have had the good fortune of staying at the hotel a few times and each and every time they raise the bar on the outstanding level of service. This recent stay the Chef Jessica made me a tea that gave me some much needed relief from a stubborn cough and cold. The front desk staff are personable and resourceful when helping me find things in the city that I was looking for. The room was simply over the top. The heated marble floors in the master bath were a welcome treat. I will stay nowhere else than the James Hotel when in Saskatoon and I would encourage anyone else the same. They simply get it that the guest is at the centre of everything that they do.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 6 May 2014

It was a wonderful stay at this hotel. Right from the moment we checked, everything was perfect. The view was nothing special, but the rest of the hotel makes up for it. Coming back later in the evening, the front desk clerk ran to open the door for me. The staff in the breakfast room were so polite and cheery for so very early in the morning. I didn't get to sit and have a drink in their lounge, but I will be back that's for sure.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business