“Clearly the best in Saskatoon”
Review of The James Hotel

The James Hotel
Ranked #5 of 40 Hotels in Saskatoon
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This is a top notch, modern, luxury hotel leagues above the Bessborough. The rooms have everything needed and more: free wifi, in room coffee maker, free bottled water, comfortable bed, very clean furniture. Free full breakfast is included with the room price and it is superb, with eggs made to order, fresh fruits, yogurt, and gluten free choices. We have stayed at good hotels worldwide and honestly, the James is among the best. And they have a lovely bar!

• Stayed: July 2014
There are newer reviews for The James Hotel

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Stayed here for business in July 2014 - staff service was incredible. The room had a beautiful view, luxurious amenities, and the bed sheet were HANDS DOWN the softest I have ever felt. I will definitely be returning here on future trips to Saskatoon.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We only stayed one night but I seriously wanted to steal the bedding so I could have that heavenly sleep many more nights. The room was completely spotless and I loved the fact that the floors were wood not carpet as it instantly made me feel I was not walking around on previous guests dirt. The bathroom was well appointed and the toiletries high end. Nice large televisions in both the sitting area and the bedroom and lovely non-plastic furniture on the balcony. The bed and bedding was to die for! We had an amazing sleep. The lounge had great music, delicious food and a wonderful bartender making great drinks. The breakfast was really, really tasty with a great selection. The only thing that keeps my review from being excellent is that the exterior of the building has peeling paint. I did ask about it and they are dealing with it soon.

Room Tip: A view of the river is preferable to a view of the city
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Fantastic boutique hotel in Saskatoon. I always get a bit sad when I hear after the fact that friends have stayed anywhere but The James Hotel. From the marble lobby to the chic modern decor, everything is perfect here.

Staff are fantastic - and Heather makes a gorgeous cocktail in their lively lobby bar (which often has old school tunes spun by a DJ). Everyone greets you with a smile and a helping hand. Housekeeping keeps the rooms absolutely immaculate.

The complimentary breakfast is divine - Eggs Benedict made to order is but one of the offerings. At night - turndown service includes a sweet offering (I once had the best red velvet cupcake of my life).

But the real draw? The bed. Perfect king-sized slice of heaven with the most incredible sheets you have ever slept on. I promise. Made from angel's gossamer wings. Only problem is you won't want to get out of them and may miss breakfast.

Headed to the Paris of the Prairies? Book the James. Do it. You'll thank me.

Room Tip: A view of the river valley is always gorgeous.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 9 June 2014

It was my first time staying at The James Hotel and I LOVED IT! The staff were friendly, professional and went above and beyond to ensure my stay was positive. The rooms were clean and spacious AND the bed was fabulous! I had the best sleep that I have had in six years! The breakfast was out of this world and I even had my chair held out for me! There is no doubt that I will stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We always stay in an Extended Stay Studio Suite, obviously, we pay a few extra $$ to stay at the James, but the additional perks are well worth it. The small and helpful kitchen is really handy to make healthy meals and snacks for our toddler, I love that the fridge is apartment size and not just a small bar fridge. Overall the suite is spacious with the a king size bed hidden from the living room, and lovely bathroom, it is truly our home away from home. Another plus are the fabulous hot breakfasts, as a family, it gives us a break from our normal routine of just rushing out of the house in the morning, we go and enjoy the breakfast before we head out on the town for the day.

Room Tip: Really like the Extended Stay Studio Suite, the small kitchen is great!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2014

A small boutique hotel, hidden along the river bank, the James is the destination for discriminating tastes. The view of the river is fantastic, the restaurant is perfect and the evening snacks wonderful. I want to live there!

A bit pricey, but worth every penny.

Room Tip: Higher floors have the better view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple