US$102
US$99
US$112
US$84
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$96/night.

Free cancellation until 27/07
US$82
US$143
US$128
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$144/night.

US$137
US$107
US$95
US$89
Agoda.com
All reviewsturn down serviceeggs benedictboutique hotelthe rivergreat boutiquelobby barone bedroom suitebreakfast roomfresh fruitskating rinkamazing hoteleach eveningbottled watercity viewbreakfast was includedcomfortable beddowntown saskatoon
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here over the weekend for our anniversary, and it was pretty damn nice. And I know my last review said the best bed ever was at the Marriott, but I'll admit it here -- I was wrong. The best bed ever is here, at the James Hotel. I even tried to figure out if there was a way I could possibly steal the thing (though that may have been because of the delicious cocktails served in the bar downstairs, making my judgement wobbly. How were they so good, James Hotel? HOW?).

The reason I don't give this place five stars? Well - despite the bed, the cocktails, the delicious afternoon dessert and the outstanding breakfast, there were a couple of things that just kinda bugged me.

1) River-view room.
Because we were staying for a couple of nights, we paid a little extra for a river-view room. I imagine if you're up higher than the 6th floor, the view of the river would be quite lovely. Alas, we were on the 4th floor -- and you really, honestly can't even see it from there. Not a huge thing, but as the plan was to sip champagne while looking at the view, it was a bit of a bummer.

2) The in-room noise.
It was genuinely weird to me how much I heard from other rooms -- water from the room next to us, hallway noise etc. I'm not talking conversations from adjoining rooms, but it was just surprising to me how much I *could* hear.

3) The packages.
My husband called to ask if we could get one of the special package deals they do at the hotel - and we wanted a river-view room. (Special occasion, see above). Alas, we could only get a package if we switched rooms halfway through our stay or swapped to a city-view room, neither of which we wanted to do. So that was a bummer also.

When I read other reviews of people picking on such niggly little details as these, I tend to ignore them. And that's fine. They are tiny details that, had it been a business trip or whatever, would not have bothered me in the least. And it's not like this ruined our getaway or anything, I'm just putting it out there for y'all.

And really, if you're looking for a place to stay in Saskatoon, this place is pretty darn wonderful and is close to loads of awesome eateries and bars.

Room Tip: If you want an actual river view, ask for something above the 4th floor. Not sure how high you'll have to go, but the 4th is definitely not it.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2014

The James has set a new standard for this province. I had the smallest room that faces the river and it was gorgeous, trendy and clean. A tiny bathroom was the only drawback. I will be searching endlessly to try and buy those sheets. Everything outstanding and well thought out (tip of the hat to the designers, builders and owners) including the fantastic breakfast and staff. All manner of breakfast items including made-to-order eggs benny created for you by a chef in a comfortable breakfast room. First time I've tried cold oatmeal - delicious. Did I mention the sheets? Will return.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Just got back from a week in Saskatoon and thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the James. Staff is very pleasant and helpful. Enjoyed the complimentary hot breakfast and the variety they offered. I also appreciate the complimentary Wi-Fi access, parking and bottled water. The location is perfect. I will bring my exercise gear the next time I am there. Can't wait to enjoy the neighborhood and the river view. It is a first class boutique hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is a revamped apartment building that is very old and the tenants used to smoke in their rooms. Thus the old air handling system has smoke in the ducts that permeates the rooms.

The rooms are newly renovated and nicely appointed but the smoke smell is still very noticeable

The hotel faces Spadina on the rooms over looking the river, and this is the street all the Harley Davidson motor cycles cruise on, so if you want a quiet room ask for one that faces the back parking lot

Staff are great and friendly

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank Dennis H
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The James staff were fantastic from the moment we arrived. They truly know how to add a special touch to your experience as a guest! The hotel is clean, fresh, modern and comfortable. Our room was fantastic; bright, clean and huge with an amazing bed and luxurious bathroom. Breakfast in the morning featured tons of options and everything was fresh and appetizing, our only issue was deciding what to eat!

We are already recommending this hotel to our friends and family; if you visit Saskatoon, it is THE place to stay!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple