“Amazing”

Poached Breakfast Bistro
Ranked #8 of 668 Restaurants in Saskatoon
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Canadian
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Breakfast restaurant in the same building as Flint Saloon in the evenings
St. Albert, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I asked my husband on our early drive from Moose Jaw what he would like for breakfast. He said a poached egg. So I googled it and found this amazing place in Saskatoon! Checked the ratings and sure enough it lived up to its name!
Amazing breakfast and service. A great breakfast with class! Will definitely recommend to all my friends heading east! Looking forward to visiting again!
And check out the artwork by one of the staff! It rocks!

• Visited July 2013

“Best place for breakfast.”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I loved this place very much. Jazz music in the back ground and the food was excellent. I can not stop raving about this place. The best restaurant I have eaten at in a long time. If you go once you will not be disappointed and come back for more

Saskatoon, Canada
“One of the Best Breakfasts in Saskatoon”
Reviewed 7 July 2013

I love going to Poached! Nice atmosphere and always a great breakfast. Especially good if you're looking for good coffee and something more than a greasy spoon breakfast. Flavours on the menu change regularly, but whether you want sweet or savoury, you're sure to find something you'll like: from poached eggs over asparagus to crab cakes, eggs benedict, french toast and crepes all regularly featured on the menu. If you're not sure what to get, the standard breakfast plate is a safe bet: eggs your way, bagel/toast, herbed butter, potato croquettes, bacon roll-ups (or choice of other meat) and spinach salad with goat cheese. The bacon rollups and other tasty things can be ordered as side extras. If you don't get there early expect to wait.

1 Thank PrairieBigSky
Kelowna, Canada
“They're too cool to provide service.”
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Poached is absolutely off our list. A darn shame. As a foodie and former restaurant owner (guide to Best Places in the NW!), husband and I will no longer support a place who says "if you get here NOW" to a request to have an expensive brunch with bubbly for my birthday and who turns my daughter down after she phoned from Seattle to put brunch for 2!! on her credit card for Mother's Day and who turned my husband and I away at the door (a huge slight to very familiar and frequent customers). When you can, you should make it work - somehow. That's NOT the motto at poached and though the brunch was a lovely thing, we now frequent the Hollows who truly care about creativity and customers - quality is #1. Try there for brunch. You will definitely be back!

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Krazed4koots
Saskatoon, Canada
“Didn't Get a Chance to Try the Food”
Reviewed 28 April 2013

We dropped by Poached this morning for a late brunch. We arrived half an hour before they closed the lunch service -- a little right, I would agree -- and were given a rude brush off at the door. (Poached is transformed into a dining room for the evening.) I do not mind seeing a "Closed" sign in the window, even if folks are still inside. But in the absence of a sign, and being there before closing, we would have appreciated being treated a little better. We had heard good things about the restaurant, but will be hard pressed to consider trying it again.

By the way, reviews on other sites are much less positive that the TripAdvisor reviews. A fair percentage of them raised questions about the service.

• Visited April 2013