“Recommended - friendly, homelike, lovely”

Glacier Park Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 13 Saskatoon B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Regina
“Recommended - friendly, homelike, lovely”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Excellent clean & comfortable rooms. Beautiful and convenient location. Heated blankets were very appreciated during the cold season! A friendly and welcoming environment, with lots of personal touches.

The breakfasts were just amazing! Allergies were accommodated with no problem. Delicious homemade waffles, homemade sausage, eggs made any way you want them, fresh fruit, good juice and coffee, homemade jams.... Everything you could possibly want! Very enjoyable. Would stay again, and recommend to friends and family staying in Saskatoon.

NB: this is a Christian household, with a few unobtrusive religious decorations, and grace was said at breakfast. Not invasive or judging at all, but something to take note of if this would bother you.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Debbie J, Owner at Glacier Park Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Good day to all your family K&S
Thank you so much for your kind and encouraging review. Bill and I enjoyed having all of you in the house for the weekend. Lots of conversation and laughs.
I am pleased that the breakfast was yummy, it was easy to accommodate the allergies.
Noticed that your "sleep quality" was not to great, please let me know what I can do to improve that, or your next visit, or for other guests.
Greetings to your parents and thanks to them, as well, for the great visit.
Take care until we see you again.
Debbie and Bill

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I have stayed twice with Deb and Bill and will continue to try to stay with them, providing they have room, when I am in Saskatoon. The balance the Judts strike is perfect for a B&B. While respecting your privacy should you wish to engage more in conversation and banter- they do brilliantly. Deb's cooking is out of this world. You may need to watch your waistline as you will instantly want to eat everything you see- from her home-made biscuits with infused herbs from their own garden, to buckwheat pancakes and home-made sausages, you will be amazed at just how good her cooking is. Bill is calm, steady, reassuring and very interesting. And of course Timmy, their adorable- and amazingly quiet poodle who is ready with hugs and affectionate looks makes me really feel like I have found an incredible second family in Saskatoon. The room I stayed in is well appointed and "roomy" great with a warming blanket- the location of their home makes for quiet and peaceful nights- I could go on- but need I say more? Thank you Deb and Bill for making me feel so welcome!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Good morning B.C..
Finally time to sit and write you back.
Thank you so much for the time(s) you spent with us at the BnB. What a pleasure to have you in our home and around the breakfast table. We hope that business will bring you back to Saskatoon again and we will get another opportunity to catch up and share time together.
Thank you for the review and all your kind, generous and encouraging words.
Hello to all back at home.
With appreciation
Baltimore
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Thinking of Deb and Bill at Glacier Park B&B brings to mind the classic hymn “Make Me a Blessing”. This phrase sums up the basic core of their being which, in turn, is the source of their success as B&B hosts. They do every reasonable thing to accommodate their guests starting with a very warm welcome.

Their B&B is not fancy; it is tasteful, relaxing, and clean with very comfortable beds. Breakfast is both yummy and healthy, e.g., lemon flavored French toast, home-made sausage, Greek yogurt, fresh fruit and veggies, a variety of nuts, etc.

Their lovely garden was full of bright flowers and a variety of birds when I visited in mid/late August. I wish I lived close enough to return again and again.

3 Thank megwright4
Debbie J, Owner at Glacier Park Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
Miss M
When I saw the title of your review my head started singing:

Out in the high-ways and by-ways of life,
Many are weary and sad;
Carry the sunshine where darkness is rife,
Making the sorrowing glad.

I think that perhaps we need to post this chorus in the house as a reminder of why we are doing what we do. Thank you very much for your heart-felt, kind, encouraging and insight review. I have a wonderful reminder of you outside in my front flower bed. Thank you for the gift.
holding you close.
D
holding you close and
Estevan, Canada
Reviewed 16 September 2013 via mobile

We decided to take a road trip to Saskatoon on a "whim" this past Saturday only to discover that because of a concert there were no rooms to be had! Thankfully Deb and Bill were kind enough to welcome us into their beautiful home. Everything was immaculate, the most comfy bed, breakfasts were awsome. Deb and Bill are such gracious hosts, you feel right at home instantly. Next time we come to Saskatoon, we will stay again and visit more.

Thank-you!
Tracy and Joe

• Stayed September 2013
Debbie J, Manager at Glacier Park Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
T/J
It was a pleasure having you in our home. Two weeks after the Eagles' concert there was another concert at CUC. My phone had missed calls as late as 2:45 AM. Egads.
Thanks for your kind review, both Bill and I look forward to your next visit,
take care and blessings to both of you
Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria
Reviewed 2 September 2013

My stay at the Glacier park B& B was just like home. The warmth, ambience and decor were so relaxing. The hosts.......awesome people(always going the extra mile to ensure I was comfortable. Thank you Deb & Bill for making my stay memorable.

1 Thank Tomilola A
Debbie J, Owner at Glacier Park Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 2 September 2013
Precious Lady
We are so pleased that we could provide you with a quiet, safe, home-based place to study for your exams. Good Gracious you were SOOOO busy, but it was SOOOO worth it. Congrat's on passing your exams.
I am missing your laugh and twinkly eyes, you are full of joy and it radiates out from you. Both Bill and I look forward to connecting with you this winter. We will swing by and pick you up some Sunday mornings for church.
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for the super review
Until later
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed 1 September 2013

If you are coming to Saskatoon, Glacier Park B&B is THE place to stay! Debbie and Bill are extremely welcoming and very helpfull! They have an absolutely gorgeous home in a quite neighbourhood, with all the amenities you could possibly need only a short walk away, and REALLY comfortable beds.

The breakfast that Debbie makes is the best I have had in months! There seems to always be fresh baked goods for their guests and an endless supply of teas and coffee!

I felt completely at home in this B&B, and felt like an old friend in 5 minutes flat! Can't wait to come back!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Debbie J, Owner at Glacier Park Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Hello Lovely
What a flurry of activity for you and your dad. Sorry we missed your mom, perhaps we will have an opportunity to meet her when she comes to "check-up" on you. It was good for me to watch you go thru the registration process; handy information for other guests. I never know who need to know what.
Thanks for the wonderful review, back to you with the same.
Let me know how things are going,
later
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I stayed with the wonderful hosts on August 28/29. The hosts are incredibly warm, supportive and friendly (including Tim, the dog). Very comfortable home adored with family photos and decorations that just tell you "I am home." My bed was wonderfully comfy and Deb and Bill left no stone unturned to welcome me and provide whatever assistance I needed including directing me to a wonderful local eatery for dinner. if you are lucky, Deb will show off Bill's amazing wood work. I had a stunning breakfast that I wouldn't hesitate to recommend a stay here to anyone. it's good for one soul.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Debbie J, Owner at Glacier Park Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 1 September 2013
R.
Was a blast having you here with us! Both Bill and I enjoyed your quick wit and willingness to fit in with our daily routine. You very quickly became another member of the GPBB family. Perhaps we will have opportunity to visit with you again, you never know what may come running around a corner.
Thank you so much for the encouragement in your review and while you were here.....
Until the next time