“Nothing too Special”

Ranked #261 of 675 Restaurants in Saskatoon
Saskatoon, Canada
“Nothing too Special”
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Let me start off by saying that you DO NOT want their breakfast menu. I have gone here twice lately (both for breakfast), once was on the menu, and once was the buffet. Off the menu, I ordered poached eggs OVER HARD (which were so runny you'd think they were raw), and a found a couple egg shells while eating it too, and french toast. WHO PUTS RAISINS IN FRENCH TOAST? I was not expecting that, so when it arrived, I asked why and the waitress told me that is just the way they make it. I asked if I could get it replaced with just regular bread, and was refused because apparently the cooks only make it that way.

However, we went on the Saturday morning for the breakfast buffet a week later, and I must say I was very impressed. We had a different waitress, who was very nice (I think she was the only one working, but managed to keep all the tables happy). The food selection was much better. However, I wouldn't say the food is amazing - it's just average food really. But it was a good price and filled us up. The desserts are very basic, but it wasn't a big deal for us. On our buffet visit however there were about 10 kids all running around the restruant, and being loud. I will say that I'm happy the waitress put the families into their banquet room, but I think more could have been done about containing them (which I shouldn't blame the restruant for, as the parents of the kids just didn't seem to care).

All and all, if you're looking for a decently priced buffet, give it a try!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Tom E

St Albert
“omg”
Reviewed 28 February 2013

Went there with my 1 yr old granddaughter, daughter & husband expecting a good selection type buffet but omg was I wrong. The worse frozen, thawed & heated cabbage rolls I ever tasted. I do believe everything was cook from frozen. There was no beef or fish items unless you consider hamburger patties with bbq sauce slopped over it beef. The bread rolls were cold & hard. You could use them as a baseball. There was only one baked dessert, little red velet cupakes and I am pretty sure they were thaw & serve.The only thing we found edible was the fried chicken. Seriously folks do not go there for supper. It is really that bad.

• Visited February 2013
3 Thank Carolyn L
Christopher Lake, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bad”
Reviewed 18 February 2013

I had not been to this place in two years so i thought i would give it
another try but what a mistake that was the service was worse than ever the food was as bad as the first time i was there as far as i am concerned the place should be shut down.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Rod G
Calgary
“So-so”
Reviewed 26 July 2012

My husband & I went to Johnny Boy's for dinner on July 24. He has been there many times before for breakfast & always enjoyed it. It was our first time for dinner. We were there fairly early (before 6 PM) and the place wasn't busy at all. We were seated promptly & offered a beverage so no complaints about the sevice. The buffet itself was nothing special. No dishes that stood out for taste or rarity. Just the usual salads, taters, meats & veggies. Lots of items seemed to be suffering from "hot-table-itis" which I thought unusual considering the time. Pizza, pasta & onion rings were especially affected. They all could have been fresher. The chicken was fairly tasty but not enough to jusify a return visit. Buffet dinner for two including soft drink & tip $41.00

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank dibkitty
Saskatoon, Canada
“Great chicken”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I love their fried chicken! Buffet for dinner is about $15 per person, but worth every penny. So many options.

• Visited August 2011