“Charming atmosphere, awesome food”
Review of The Rook and Raven

The Rook and Raven
Ranked #9 of 715 Restaurants in Saskatoon
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 February 2014

This is a great little gastropub in the heart of downtown. The food is amazing and ingredients are fresh. The menu is concise, but it doesn't disappoint. Probably one of the best meals I've had in ages.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Great food, great atmosphere and amazing staff! Check out their specials Wednesday night surf and turf, very tasty! Love everything about this place very busy, very friendly people. The bartenders have great skills and can provide amazing drinks that are not common. Love that!

Reviewed 19 February 2014

I've only eaten here twice but both times I was incredibly impressed with the atmosphere, food and service. On the first occasion I ordered the sweetbreads special which included a ravioli and a variety of other yummy components. I had no idea what sweetbread was going into this meal but the server made it sound so good I just couldn't say no. Well I was glad I didn't know before I ordered because I probably wouldn't have ordered it and I would have missed out on this fabulous meal. The meal was cooked perfectly, the flavours were very well thought out and everything on the plate was complimentary. On my second visit I tried the risotto balls and had the mac and cheese. The risotto balls were good but the mac and cheese was divine! It was a smaller portion but so rich that it ended up being the perfect amount. My friend had the risotto primavera and it was also delicious. Service was quick and friendly. On both evenings it was very busy and yet the food came out fast and the servers stopped by frequently to check that all was well and offer water and drink refills. This is a very well run business.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Stopped in for lunch, I had the lunch special; pork belly and duck rigatoni with a veal butter sauce. It was AMAZING! I was hesitant, as I have tried duck many times and it is not my favourite, but this duck was perfect! The fat was rendered nicely, the meat was incredibly tender and it was cooked perfectly med-rare. Best part? Only $10!!! My companion had the portabello mushroom burger, found it too charred, but the fresh fries were really good! Server was prompt, friendly, and funny, beer selection on tap was a nice variety. Cant wait to return!

Reviewed 7 February 2014

Stopped in for a late lunch. I loved my grilled cheese sandwich, and the fries were amazing. My companion wasn't thrilled by the turkey burger though. Service was great and at that time of day it was quiet. Loved the atmosphere.

1  Thank rj7341