“Best Samosas”

Cuisines: Indian
Description: Phone number 306 242 8779
Description: Phone number 306 242 8779
Reviewed 26 July 2012

My husband & I decided to try the New Taste of Bombay dinner buffet as it is close to the hotel we're staying at and he's a big fan of Indian food especially curries.
We arrived a little after 6 PM & were seated immediately. Our hostess was fun & friendly & full of helpful advice. I know little about this type of cuisine & was gratetful for her help. The restaurant is comfortable & sparkling clean. It wasn't too busy when we were there although I expect that will change as word of this place gets out. We ordered two of the Indian beers off the vast beer menu. Beer was very reasonably priced ($3.50 domestic & $5.44 import) and there were at least 40 to choose from. There's also a large selection on non-alcoholic drinks including various flavours of lassi. Our hostess pointed out the plates & cutlery & told us to help ourselves while she got our beer. I was thrilled at all the choices offered on the buffet. There were so many things I had never tried before. I was able to try a small serving of each of the dishes on offer which greatly enhanced my knowledge & appreciation of Indian food. Several things stood out for me, the butter chicken was some of the best I've ever had, the veggie pakoras were extremely tasty & the biryani rice was wonderful. The samosas were, by far, the best I've ever tasted. My husband raved about the ginger meatballs & was only mildly disappointed that there was no beef curry that night. We were told the items in the buffet change but not sure if there's a schedule or it's random depending on the chef's mood. Ask for naan bread & they bring it right to your table, hot & delicious, no extra charge. We were so impressed with everything about this place that we'll make a point of returning on our next trip to Saskatoon. Dinner for two including beers, tax & tip was well under $50.00 What a find!

Reviewed 15 July 2012

I really enjoyed this buffet! They have such a wide selection every time. My favourite would have to be the samosas! And the butter chicken is voted best in saskatoon. The service is great really friendly girls and the owners are great with talking to all the customers.

Reviewed 14 July 2012

I love their selection of foods! At first I wasn't expecting much as it is a buffet, but the aroma of the foods filled up the restaurant and my nose.They have a great selection of foods. There is a bit of everything from different parts of the world, but mostly east Indian. The 4 top dishes for me were: butter chicken, lamb curry, mixed vegetables and aloo bhorta (mashed potatoes with dried chili). I went with a group of friends and they've all enjoyed it too - especially the galab jamon. Most dishes were not too spicy or hot. The hottest was the aloo bhorta. I will definitely go back and bring more friends!

Reviewed 21 June 2012

I've eaten here twice now. First time was at lunch time.(12.99) I tried a spoonful of each item just to see if I would like it, and I did! This is a buffet with a couple of dozen Indian Food items. You can also have naan bread brought to the table, piping hot. A week later I was with a group for dinner. (14.99) There were a few more items on the buffet as well as at the dessert table. My other half was disappointed with the dessert selection, but he is a sweet toothed person. I didn't mind the selection. Again the naan bread came, and more if we wanted it. There is a good selection of beers, from imported to domestic. Also other liquids... They claim to have the best butter chicken in the city. They might be right. Items have some spice but are not too hot for western tastebuds. No MSG which is important to me...