“Excellent meal, warm and efficient service”

Prairie Harvest Cafe
Ranked #44 of 690 Restaurants in Saskatoon
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Local Ingredients
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Found it on Tripadvisor and was intrigued by the simple and terroir like cuisine and the home based business style in a residential neighborhood. Had a tasty and original meal that was very filling and properly priced. The service.was top nutch. Look forward to go again next time I'm around.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

Staying with my mother is Saskatoon, and lucked into hearing about this small residential restaurant near her home. Just went for lunch, and had the house Terducken burger (ground duck, turkey and chicken) - incredibly good! They also have a fish burger of the day - today's was ground trout and pickerel - wished I could have tried that too! The lunch came with fresh greens side salad, and homemade hummus and chick pea and beet chips. The staff and service was great, and obviously committed to very fresh and locally source ingredients. A gem in Saskatoon!
Will have to go back for either lunch or dinner again before my visit ends.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

The food here is "really really good". It is a little bit hard to find and a little bit small, but it adds to the charm that is Prairie Harvest Cafe.

Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

We came here for a staff party - It was cozy with great service, and the food was full of flavour and not overpowered with salt like every restaurant in Saskatoon !! (Must try the beet chips!) I will definitely be coming back!

Reviewed 8 November 2013

I was pretty sure our cab driver was lost taking us here, and he was pretty skeptical of the location, but when we arrive it was well worth the hunt. We'd called ahead to make reservations which I recommend - they can only fit 33 people so tables are limited. When we got there our table wasn't ready and they were incredibly apologetic for the 5 minute wait - not a big deal at all.

Our server was really friendly, chatting with us and recommending some drinks and dishes. We had seen the Living Skies Winery apple and rhubarb ciders on their website but sadly they have been discontinued. He gave us a number of suggestions and we ended up with a Living Skies Winery rhubarb wine which we really enjoyed. We actually wanted to buy a bottle to bring home with us as a gift and our server was really helpful explaining where to buy it (the farmers market) but that he wasn't sure if they would be there during the week. At the end of dinner he came over and had asked the owner and they could sell us a bottle! I really appreciated him going out of his way to make sure we had a bottle to bring home :)

The food was delicious - I ordered the special for the day and wasn't disappointed. I also saved some room for the bacon doughnuts which were totally worth it!