“Nice little hole in the wall”

Prairie Harvest Cafe
Ranked #40 of 675 Restaurants in Saskatoon
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Local Ingredients
Canada
“Nice little hole in the wall”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Our B&B recommended this place to us. Don't blink or you'll pass it! There is a Video store right next door to it (right now). We arrived without a reservation on a Friday night and were lucky enough to get in. Our service was friendly and prompt. The servings were generous. My husband had chicken and chorizo pot pie. It was good except the crust was a tad dry - more sauce would cure that. I had a generous bowl of borscht and the vegetarian lasagna.- good and filling. Extra pepper is offered by the server.

• Visited February 2014

Saskatoon, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I keep coming back...”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I love this little gem. It is kind of hidden away so unless you are familiar with the neighbourhood, make sure you check a map so you don't get lost. The menu is every changing so it is difficult to point to my favourite dish but the one I order most often is the gnocchi with whatever goodness comes on top on that particular day. I have also tried the pork loin, chicken and chorizo pot pie and other goodies and all are equally delicious. They have good wines and many of the elusive Living Sky Winery products. Not the biggest fan of Paddock Wood beers but hats off for staying true to the local producers (and they do sell GW draft too). I like to describe their food to people as a really awesome home cooked meal, well at least the awesome home cooked meal you would have if anyone of your family or friends knew how to cook this well.

• Visited December 2013
Saskatoon, Canada
“Return Visits Have Been Disappointing”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

A friend directed us to this restaurant a while back -- and we were impressed. The food was very good, the service great and the atmosphere laid back and prairie-relaxed. We have been back twice in the last year, but have not been as pleased. The decor and service are as before. But the rickety chairs and awkward placement of the tables looses a little shine on second and third visits. The food was not as attractive as previously. On our last visit, two of our three entrees were just okay -- not unique of spectacular but serviceable. We had hoped for more and were mildly disappointed.

• Visited November 2013
Calgary, Canada
“Excellent meal, warm and efficient service”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Found it on Tripadvisor and was intrigued by the simple and terroir like cuisine and the home based business style in a residential neighborhood. Had a tasty and original meal that was very filling and properly priced. The service.was top nutch. Look forward to go again next time I'm around.

Visited February 2014
Sayulita, Mexico
“Excellent homemade cuisine”
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Staying with my mother is Saskatoon, and lucked into hearing about this small residential restaurant near her home. Just went for lunch, and had the house Terducken burger (ground duck, turkey and chicken) - incredibly good! They also have a fish burger of the day - today's was ground trout and pickerel - wished I could have tried that too! The lunch came with fresh greens side salad, and homemade hummus and chick pea and beet chips. The staff and service was great, and obviously committed to very fresh and locally source ingredients. A gem in Saskatoon!
Will have to go back for either lunch or dinner again before my visit ends.

• Visited January 2014