“Best Dragon Sushi”

Nisen
Ranked #194 of 715 Restaurants in Saskatoon
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We ordered off the menu as we could not justify the "all you can eat" price for our 12 year olds ($19.99 per person for anyone over 8 years old). The Dragon sushi was outstanding and highly recommended. The other sushi we tried was also very good. The miso soup was very reasonable priced ($1.50) and it was tasty. The Edamame was also reasonable priced ($4.50) but was not as tasty as normal. The house white was excellent and a good price ($4.99 for 6 oz). They also sold a can of pop for only a $1 per can, which is an almost unheard of price. The service was very good.

Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

A group went for Japanese food. The rolls were good. The service was spot on. Everything came in a timely manner. Heck I am pretty sure that we didn't even order everything that was delivered. The smoked salmon hand roll was fantastic.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

and okay other choices too (Chicken pad thai was nothing like any other pad thai I have ever tasted, but I guess I should have gone for Thai...) Service was okay but rather confusing...

Reviewed 28 May 2013

The food is excellent, service could certainly be better. The variety is outstanding, the downtown location is great if you work downtown but otherwise is a drawback.

Reviewed 28 April 2013

I've been to Nisen several times and the results are always the same: the food is awesome if you can get the server to bring you some.

On my most recent trip, We gave ourselves 1 1/2 hours for lunch and got there before the rush. The server took our our order initially and brought food out moderately promptly. She eventually came back to take a second order and only brought some of the food we requested. I never could get her to come back again.

Two helpings at an "all you can eat" sushi restaurant is pretty bad considering we had so much time to have a better experience. I suppose their costs are lower if they ignore their customers and don't bother bringing their food but this was the last time I spend any of my money at this restaurant.

Oh, I marked the value as poor; had they given better service and brought all our food then the value would have been good.

1  Thank shabadoux