All reviewssasktel centrecredit union centrefront deskattending a concerthusky truck stopgreat hotelsitting areapull out couchhot breakfasttim hortonspool and water slideindustrial areafree breakfastparking lotkids loved the poolstay there againhot tub
Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

My family an I stayed over the Christmas holiday and was treated like family, in a good way, Found the hotel a little too pet friendly. I am very allergic, and had a hard time not running into pets in the hotel.

The Hot breakfast was appreciated and enjoyed by all. Great location and easy to find. Will definitely come back.

thanks Lindsay and staff and Merry Christmas.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
GM-CS_SASK, General Manager at Comfort Suites Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2014

Hello memxp424 - and thank you for posting your review. I especially love to see reviews which mention one of our Team Members by name - it's a great pleasure for me to share these reviews!

Yes, we are a pet friendly hotel and I think the "hotels for pets" feeling came about as many people were staying with us for the holidays or travleing to families with their pet for the holidays - that week was certainly the most pets we have ahd in the hotel at one time! I wasn't sure if you were aware that we do not permit pets on our 4th floor so whenever you return, please do request a 4th floor room!

Happy New Year to you and we'll look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 28 December 2013

PROS: Was pleasantly surprised at how beautiful, spacious and comfortable the rooms are!
With a family of 5, it is hard to find a hotel that accommodates us all and the room with 2 queens and a pullout couch did it! It was nice to have a "sitting area" to relax with instead of having to try to get comfortable sitting on the beds while visiting.
CONS: The tiled floors in the bathroom are frightfully chilly on bare feet in the winter though!!!
When the clock struck 9:30am, we immediately felt unwanted and forced out of the beautiful breakfast room. The doors were closed and the TV was shut off. We would have loved to lounge awhile longer before moving on for the day without the immediate feeling of the need to get out.
WATERSLIDE WARNING: I wish we would have been notified that the waterslide ONLY RUNS ON CERTAIN DAYS. We have never encountered or even have heard of such a thing. I have been back to the website and I can't find any information about this. We booked a room there for 2 reasons - the big accommodating room and the waterslide. Very disappointing for the kids. We weren't the only ones disappointed. At one point, we counted 17 kids in the pool at once. The girl at the front desk told us it was because the hotel didn't have a pool attendant....since when is there a pool attendant in a hotel anyways???

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Bonnie B

Hello Bonnie B and thank you for posting your review. It's always great to have reviews, even better to have positive reviews, but it's superb when we recevived such detailed reviews! So thank you again. The double queen rooms are very popular with families as they do offer lots of sleeping space and the hide-a-beds are very easy to open and close so that's great to see that everyone was accommodated!

I am so sorry that you felt your were rushed out of breakfast. It is our practise to offer breakfast until 9.30am on weekdays and 10am on weekends and Holidays and that is when the doors are closed from the Lobby entrance. It certainly doesn't mean that you needed to leave as we want you to enjoy the full offerings at your leisure - and I'm glad to learn that you did! I'm sorry that the TV was turned off. It may have been a "force of habit" without our Breakfast Attendant fully realising what she was doing so I am sorry that she did that. For future reference - it's absolutely fine to turn the TV back on and switch channels as and when you wish - we have the TV remote in teh Breakfast Room at all times.

The issues with the waterslide. Hmmm - not the first time we've heard this sadly. We do advertise on our 3 websites (www.choicehotels.ca/cn962; www.choicehotels.com/cn962 and www.comfortsuitessaskatoon.com) that we have limited hours and also that we may be able to open the slide at times outside of these hours. It was my pleasure to be able to open it for you for the hour you requested. You mentioned you had never heard of such a rule and asked since when do hotels have pool attendants. I had explained to other members in your party - the new regulation came into effect on January 1st 2013 and is only in Saskatchewan, so we have had a Pool Attendant in place since we opened. As explained, this regulation is only in effect with pools whereby a waterslide empties into the pools itself rather than a runaway lane. With the majority of guests using the slide only on the weekend, that is why it is manned at that time and any times in between, we certainly are more than happy to accommodate as and when we can - as we did with your group.

So again, thank you for such detailed feedback and I hope we are able to welcome you and your families back here again soon

Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

I'm writing this review, 3:30am in hopes of saving someone from the torture of trying to get a night's rest in this hotel. As you can see from my profile I've stayed in many hotels around the world. I rarely write a bad review but I guess there's always a first time.
I'll start out with positive things first. It's a lovely, new hotel. It was very clean, spacious, and the beds were super comfortable. Check in was fast and efficient and the front desk guy was a hoot.
We chose to stay overnight in Saskatoon to break up a long journey and really needed a good night's sleep. What we got instead was a night of screeching and whining from the room heater. By 1:30am we'd had enough and decided to call front desk to see if we could move. The only other room was on 3rd floor and after a quick check the heater there was making the exact same noise! So we suffered through it, making use of all the extra pillows to try and muffle the sound. I just got up to try and make a bed in the tub and noticed the bill for the room was slid under our door. Nearly $200 for a room we couldn't sleep in. I'm so tired right now I feel like our family traveling in this condition is really dangerous! If we die due to driver exhaustion I wouldn't hesitate to place blame on this hotel. A new hotel like this shouldn't have these kind of problems no matter what the weather is like outside.
I really hate to leave a bad review like this but in this case it is appropriate.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank gardengorilla
GM-CS_SASK, General Manager at Comfort Suites Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

Hello gardengorilla and thank you for taking the time to post your review on here. I do appreciate your thorough feedback and am truly sorry to hear that you were not fully rested after your stay with us. I did notice in your profile - as you mentioned - that you post reviews regularly as you will also have seen that the majority of our feedback is positive so as I understand your frustrations, you will understand by having read the reviews on our hotel, that the noise you encountered is not usual. We have had our maintenance team check the PTAC unit in the room you occupied (as is done on a regular basis) and whilst there appears to be nothing wrong with the unit itself, I believe the noise you encountered was due - in part - to the wind. Whilst it is not a daily occurance, it is also not the first time we have heard of this screeching noise and in particular, when the winds are high. Unfortunately with our hotel being fairly exposed off of the highway here in the Prairies, the weather conditions are out of our control. What we can do is to offer as much comfort as we possibly can in this situation and I apologise that more was not done by our team to ensure you were better rested to continue your journey.

I do hope that you will return to visit with us again in the near future and in the meantime, we'd like to wish you a very Happy New Year

Reviewed 16 December 2013

Stayed one night and checked in ... first thing my wife said after walking in the room is, " it smells so new" .. Had a room with a king bed and the room was great... the pool and water slide are great for young children and the breakfast in the morning was pretty standard but fresh and fresh hot coffee . .. recommended!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Hello Kris and thank you so much for such a great review. It's a great way to start the New Year, sharing this with my team - so thank you!!

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 28 November 2013

Stayed for one night on business trip. Good location next to Credit Union Centre. Lots of free parking, free internet and free breakfast. Easy check in by welcoming staff. Kingsize room was clean and comfortable with safe, small fridge, coffee maker and generous storage for a longer stay. Will stay here in the future.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
GM-CS_SASK, General Manager at Comfort Suites Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Hello dslemmon - that's what we love to hear - that you'll be back again! So glad to also see that you took to this forum to share feedback - we're aiming for Number 1 and reviews like your will certainly get us there! Thanks again and see you soon!