All reviews sasktel centre credit union centre front desk attending a concert husky truck stop great hotel sitting area pull out couch hot breakfast tim hortons pool and water slide industrial area free breakfast parking lot kids loved the pool stay there again hot tub
Reviewed 25 January 2014

During the bitterly cold New Years weekend this hotel provided excellent accommodation. Plugins in parking lot worked and were a necessity. Front desk was friendly with good service. Rooms were spacious clean and well appointed. Breakfast was a good selection attended to by a friendly attentive young lady who was looking after a busy Breakfast Room. Wi Fi worked well in our room. Only neg was the price of the room which seems to be on par with other hotels in this booming prairie city.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
GM-CS_SASK, General Manager at Comfort Suites Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2014

Hello freezer_12 - what a lovely review - thank you so much for taking the time to post it here. This site is an "absolute must" for the traveller these days and so many of our guests come here first, so thank you for being a part of this "community". It sure was cold that night - I had worked the overnight shift on New Years's Eve and I was almost scared to go home that morning as I was all comfy cozy in the hotel! PLease dont wait another year before you come and visit us again! Happy New Year to all the frezzer_12 family,

Reviewed 19 January 2014

GREAT, GREAT, GREAT time. The pool was cool but not cold. The water slide is extremely fast - barely 7 seconds to get down it - and the kids had a ball. We had a great breakfast - thanks to Sandra, the breakfast lady. Great food and LOTS of it! We were in room 202. IT'S HUGE! Two queen beds and a pull-out sofa-bed, so it sleeps six (eight if your kids are small!). There is still PLENTY of room to run around; just ask the kids. Two flat-screened TVs, a big closet and nice bathroom. It even has an entryway that's paved with tiles, so wet stuff can be off the carpet. The only drawback to the room that it's over and across the hall from the pool, so there's noise until 10 p.m., which was no problem for us.

The staff was all very helpful and friendly, the rooms clean and well-made up. Definitely would stay there again!

Room Tip: You can ask to view a room before renting. If certain items are an issue for you, ask to see the room. Also, some rooms are pet-friendly.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Hello LaurieL - thank you so much for posting such a super reivew here. It's great to hear that "a good time was had by all" - from the biggest grands to the baby grands! Certainly seems like Grandma and Grandpa had fun also! The waterslide is a huge plus for families traveling and yup, you sure can whizz down there! Glad everyone enjoyed the beds also - but jsut as a reminder - legally and for Fire Regulations, we can only fit 6 guests in a double queen room :). Very glad to hear you all had a great weekend though..........

Reviewed 17 January 2014

We spent six great weeks at the Comfort Suites this past fall during our move to Saskatoon. The staff was exceptionally accommodating, helping in many ways over the course of our visit. The rooms are large and tastefully decorated, all new and very clean. The beds are comfortable and there is an assortment of different pillows. We really liked the inclusion of the pull-out sofa in each of our rooms for extra sleeping space. We were also able to heat up meals in the microwave and keep a small supply of food in the fridge.

The hotel provides a fantastic breakfast with waffles, eggs, sausage or bacon, breads, Danishes, cold cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, juice, milk, coffee, hot chocolate, etc. We also enjoyed swimming in the pool and playing on the waterside. The exercise room was handy and we all gave it try. Our children used the business centre to get their homework completed and the staff kindly sent more than a few faxes for us. The laundry facility is clean and very reasonably priced to run the machines. There is a gas station close by, Credit Union Centre, food places, airport, and so on. The location is very accessible and viewable from the highway. Parking is great with room for larger vehicles.

Overall, our stay was the best! But what made it most remarkable was the kind, professional, hard-working staff. We would recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: November 2013
GM-CS_SASK, General Manager at Comfort Suites Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2014

Hello PloegmanFamily! Thank you so much for posting such a detailed and indepth review! We must admit to not having an awful lot of "long-stay" guests and I know your visit ended up getting extended and extended and then extended even more - but I'm glad we could accommodate you each week! We try our very best to make all our guests comfortable and feel "at-home" every night of their stay and with the upheaval and move across a couple of Provinces for you and your family, I'm glad we could make it as comfortable as we could in the situation. I'm glad to hear things are getting more settled for now in your new home - but please come back and visit us again one day!

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Clean, spacious rooms, friendly staff, great complementary hot breakfast, nice pool and water slide, reasonably priced... Loved this hotel! We will definitely return next time we go through Saskatoon!

• Stayed: December 2013
GM-CS_SASK, General Manager at Comfort Suites Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Hello Eastonsmomma and thank you for posting such a wonderful review on here. It sounds like you were able to take advantage of all of the wonderful facilities available here!

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon to your "home away from home".

Reviewed 6 January 2014

This is by far one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in. I did my research, looked at pictures, read reviews, and called the hotel directly to book my room (got a little bit of a discount by doing so!) but all of that still did not prepare me for the feeling I got walking into the room.
This is a brand-new hotel, just over a year old, and the owners did a wonderful job. Often the true test of a hotel is whether or not you feel comfortable taking your shoes off when you enter (does it show that I'm somewhat of a budget traveler ordinarily?), but in this case you walk in and there is an actual entrance, a foyer if you will, with a hard wood floor before the room (and carpet) begins. You'll feel bad for keeping your shoes on, as the room is beautiful and spotless.
The bed was superb, two rows of pillows (one firm, one soft) were perfect, the layout of the room and the decor and furniture were all top-notch.
There were some sports teams staying in the hotel and while at first I was nervous about how much sleep I'd get, it was a non-issue. Either it was a good group of parents and kids, or the hotel made it clear that the night time was quiet time - in either case I did not hear so much as a peep when it came time for me to turn off the lights and go to sleep... And I slept more soundly than I have in a long time!
There are lots of lamps around the room, and on either side of the bed, there's a bendable spotlight which was great for reading. A really cool feature that I've never seen before! The in-room safe was a little strange to operate, but I eventually figured it out, and breakfast in the morning was well stocked and the room was clean (I somehow missed the rush of the aforementioned sports teams which was lucky, as the room is not overly huge).
The front desk staff were all great, I even met one who is originally from my home town, and we shared some stories and laughs.
You cannot stay any closer to the Credit Union Centre than here, and if I ever find myself in Saskatoon again (hopefully not in January next time), I will definitely stay here again. The price was exceptionally reasonable compared to the other hotels in the area (only slightly higher than the Motel 6 next door!), and I felt that I definitely got my money's worth.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Hello Alienkind and thank you for posting such a "down to earth" review here! It's great to see that travellers are using this site to make their travel decisions and then posting about their experiences afterwards. Nice also to see that you also called us directly to verify exactly how we can best match your needs to the various rooms types, services and rates that we offer.
The entrance way to all rooms certainly is a great "comfort" and we have had lots of compliments about that - as well as the in-room safe. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to the owner - who incidently is building a new property in Regina scheduled to open in the Fall of this year - so whenever we can welcome you back down to earth again, be sure to check out that one too!

So thank you again for your post and it should also be noted that we can also accommodate the "humankind" and "pet-kind" here too :)