Comfort Suites Saskatoon
US$127
US$122
US$93
Hotels.com
Inn on College(Saskatoon)(Great Value!)
US$79
The James Hotel(Saskatoon)
US$239
US$188
Orbitz.com
All reviewssasktel centrecredit union centrefront deskhusky truck stopgreat hotelsitting areapull out couchpool and water slidefree breakfasthot breakfasttim hortonsindustrial areakids loved the poolparking lotgreat poolenjoyed our staystay there again
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The pool is controlled by Ming, who makes sure you don't have too much fun. The water slide is only on when he is there, and he's gone a lot. Not sure if I would stay there again because of this. We stayed 2 nights, but our room never got cleaned while we were there.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GM-CS_SASK, General Manager at Comfort Suites Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Hello locktodd - and yes Cher was in Toon town! And what a phenominal concert she put on by all accounts! Some of our team went and enjoyed chatting with our guests the next day! You mentioned Ming - one of our Pool Supervisors. It's not that Ming CONTROLS the pool "per se" (just making this clear as so many people turn to this superb forum to research information about the hotels - and we want to ensure that what they are reading is the truth). On January 1st, 2013, the Saskatchewan Ministry of Health introduced a new rule whereby the water-slide must be manned at all times when opened. This is one of the duties that Ming - and our other Pool Supervisors - do. They have to be present - at the base of the slide - to ensure the safety of our bathers and water-slide users as our water-slide empties directly into the pool rather than off into a "run-off" area. One of his (and other Pool Supervisors) duties is to test the pool and hot tub chemicals every 2 hours - again a regulation from SK Ministry of Health - hence the reason they step away and lock the water-slide for around 5 minutes each time. I see from your reservation that you checked in on a Friday and checked out on a Sunday morning - the water-slide is in fact open the same hours as the pool, on theses days (8am - 10pm) so I'm not terribly sure as to why you would say it wasn't open very much during your stay?

I also wanted to review the details concerning your comment about your room not having been cleaned in the 2 days you were here. So in reviewing the Housekeeping sheets, I see that Svitlana cleaned your room the first day. On the 2nd day, Svitlana was also assigned to your room and noted that you had the DND (Do Not Disturb) sign on your door - but in fact as it was removed later on in the day, she also went in then and cleaned your room (it's amazing how much information we have on these sheets - it even tells us what time she was in the room and what time she "punched" it back as clean - incredible!).

I'm sure you didn't intent to mislead any future guests reviewing our hotel on this site so I wanted to clarify these points above. As always, we do ask guests to let us know if something is not to their satisfaction DURING their stay, rather than post it on forums such as this afterwards - when very little can then be done about it.

We hope you will be back to visit us again soon - there are after all, a lot more concerts coming up (Blake Shelton, Bruno Mars, Katy Perry, John Fogarty, Fleetwood Mac and so many other fabulous events out here at the Credit Union Centre - so don't forget to book early!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

This hotel is situated alongside the Credit Union stadium and a large truck stop/ filling station, good if you are going to see a show , but not so good for access to the city.

Rooms were the standard Comfort Suites, good and clean, and the breakfast standard , not great but sufficient.

Only criticism I would make would be the space outside the main doors of the hotel was littered with cigarette ends, and could have been swept up.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hello geebee2546 and thank you so much for posting your review here. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay - yes, we are ideally situated adjacent to the Credit Union Centre - perfect for all those Blades games and concerts! So sorry to read about the cigarette ends - seems as soon as we sweep them up, some other inconsiderate person will throw their cigarette end onto the ground - ignoring completely the "No Smoking" signs as well as the "smoking area" with more than sufficient ash receptacles. An ongoing battle I'm afraid to say. I see you are from one of my favourite cities - Bath. What an absolutely wonderful city. I spent many of my family holidays there as a small child growing up in England - slightly different landscape than that of Saskatoon!

We hope you will be back to visit us again one day soon

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Nearly new hotel that looked new. Comfortable bed in a large room with all the up to date amenities. Breakfast was great with a good variety of hot and cold items and was monitored very well by the attendant. One negative was that the hotel had changed the TV service provider a couple of days prior and the guide on the tv did not match the actual channels. We never did find any local channels.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GM-CS_SASK, General Manager at Comfort Suites Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Hello Jim K and thank you so much for posting such a super comment on this site - it is so well viewed and such a valuable site for both the business and the consumer. I do apologize once again about the TV situation - transpires it was out of our hands and actually didn't have anything to do with our switch-over at all! I was informed by Shaw that they had "lost connection" with one of their major satellites which had brought down almost a third of their channels. Thankfully all is up and running now - so come back and visit again soon!

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Great rooms with lots of space, comfortable beds, hot breakfast, water slide and pool and quiet. The staff is very friendly and helpful. It is a bit out if the way but not too far, worth the drive. The place we always stay.

• Stayed: June 2014

Hello Nichole C - and thank you for posting your 5 star review here. We love to receive all comments but especially those when our guests say they are repeat guests and come and stay with us time and time again. That's what family is all about! Don;t be a stranger now - come back soon!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I was extremely disappointed upon check in. I waited at the desk for 15 mins before the clerk came to help me. I rang the bell 4 times and still waited. When she showed up, all I got was a "sorry"!
However, the room was great. Very clean and comfortable.
The outside was clean and the parking lot was easily accessible but there was a "lake" right in the middle from a rain storm.
Very conveniently located. Tim Hortons was right down the street as well as a Husky. Easy airport access.

• Stayed: May 2014

Hello KCWilkinson and thank you for taking the time to post your review here. I'm very glad to see we received 4 stars overall, but am extremely disappointed to hear that you were not greeted immediately. Sometimes, our Guest Service Agents will need to step away from the desk to assist other guests but it is not normally for more than a few minutes. Unfortunately, not knowing exactly when in May you stayed and not being able to know which name the reservation was under, I cannot determine who it was checked you in and therefore am not able to speculate why it took our staff this long to get back to the Front Desk with just a mere "sorry". I think you will see from our rave reviews on here regarding - primarily - our superb levels of service, that this must have been a one-time occurance but nonetheless, I do apologize most sincerely that you were kept waiting as long as you were.

I do hope that this isolated incident has not deterred you from returning and we hope you do so very soon