“Home away from home”

Comfort Suites Saskatoon
Ranked #8 of 40 Hotels in Saskatoon
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I am not in the habit of writing reviews about anything. This will be my first one because Sally and the crew really deserve it. I called the Comfort Suites my home for close to 10 months during a career transition. They went out of their way to make sure I always had a room and felt like I was coming home after work, not just heading back to my room. I brought my wife and kids back to see Saskatoon one week and Sally spoiled them rotten:) This hotel is top notch due to the staff. Clean comfortable and so close to everything. Thank you Sally and Crew for making the last 10 months pass by so pleasantly. I recommend Comfort Suites Saskatoon to anyone looking for the best place to stay in Saskatoon.

Room Tip: Let them know if you need a little extra space and they do everything they can to accommodate you. E...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GM-CS_SASK, General Manager at Comfort Suites Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Hello firefighter1756 and thank you for posting such a great review. We all love to hear ``shout outs`` from guests and you`ve just made me blush! It was an absolute pleasure having you stay with us and we truly hope that your career transition was made smoother with our friendly `hello` at the end of your day when you walked in those doors - and of course, we know the goody bag helped! We all wish you good luck in your new home in the Province and please don`t forget to come back and visit us soon. Besides - I don`t think you ever did use that waterlside:)

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I'd definitely stay here again! Right from the coffee and fruit in the lobby to the bright hallways to the neat, new rooms - we loved it all! The rates were reasonable, it was easy enough to find, the staff was great! I've stayed at a lot of hotels & can say that this one's a great one.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
GM-CS_SASK, General Manager at Comfort Suites Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Hello sipme - yay for us! Thank you for telling us how awesome we are and what a fantastic property we have! We know how wonderful our hotel is - but we LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it when guests tell us that too! Keep coming back from Flin Flon sipme and keep posting the reviews too!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

this hotel always exceeds expectations We had a family meeting for a funeral and they had us all grouped together and we were treated very well. The pool and leisure centre was clean and neat/ The breakfast was fresh and well supplied

Room Tip: Easy of find
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hello Donna M and thank you for the 5 star review! We do always try to keep families and groups of friends together but it's not always possible. I'm glad we could help you out by doing so this time. It was a sad time you spent here so the more we could do to help you out and make your stay more "Comfort"-able, the better.

We hope you'll be back soon under less trying circumstances

Reviewed 30 June 2014

The pool is controlled by Ming, who makes sure you don't have too much fun. The water slide is only on when he is there, and he's gone a lot. Not sure if I would stay there again because of this. We stayed 2 nights, but our room never got cleaned while we were there.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GM-CS_SASK, General Manager at Comfort Suites Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Hello locktodd - and yes Cher was in Toon town! And what a phenominal concert she put on by all accounts! Some of our team went and enjoyed chatting with our guests the next day! You mentioned Ming - one of our Pool Supervisors. It's not that Ming CONTROLS the pool "per se" (just making this clear as so many people turn to this superb forum to research information about the hotels - and we want to ensure that what they are reading is the truth). On January 1st, 2013, the Saskatchewan Ministry of Health introduced a new rule whereby the water-slide must be manned at all times when opened. This is one of the duties that Ming - and our other Pool Supervisors - do. They have to be present - at the base of the slide - to ensure the safety of our bathers and water-slide users as our water-slide empties directly into the pool rather than off into a "run-off" area. One of his (and other Pool Supervisors) duties is to test the pool and hot tub chemicals every 2 hours - again a regulation from SK Ministry of Health - hence the reason they step away and lock the water-slide for around 5 minutes each time. I see from your reservation that you checked in on a Friday and checked out on a Sunday morning - the water-slide is in fact open the same hours as the pool, on theses days (8am - 10pm) so I'm not terribly sure as to why you would say it wasn't open very much during your stay?

I also wanted to review the details concerning your comment about your room not having been cleaned in the 2 days you were here. So in reviewing the Housekeeping sheets, I see that Svitlana cleaned your room the first day. On the 2nd day, Svitlana was also assigned to your room and noted that you had the DND (Do Not Disturb) sign on your door - but in fact as it was removed later on in the day, she also went in then and cleaned your room (it's amazing how much information we have on these sheets - it even tells us what time she was in the room and what time she "punched" it back as clean - incredible!).

I'm sure you didn't intent to mislead any future guests reviewing our hotel on this site so I wanted to clarify these points above. As always, we do ask guests to let us know if something is not to their satisfaction DURING their stay, rather than post it on forums such as this afterwards - when very little can then be done about it.

We hope you will be back to visit us again soon - there are after all, a lot more concerts coming up (Blake Shelton, Bruno Mars, Katy Perry, John Fogarty, Fleetwood Mac and so many other fabulous events out here at the Credit Union Centre - so don't forget to book early!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

This hotel is situated alongside the Credit Union stadium and a large truck stop/ filling station, good if you are going to see a show , but not so good for access to the city.

Rooms were the standard Comfort Suites, good and clean, and the breakfast standard , not great but sufficient.

Only criticism I would make would be the space outside the main doors of the hotel was littered with cigarette ends, and could have been swept up.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hello geebee2546 and thank you so much for posting your review here. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay - yes, we are ideally situated adjacent to the Credit Union Centre - perfect for all those Blades games and concerts! So sorry to read about the cigarette ends - seems as soon as we sweep them up, some other inconsiderate person will throw their cigarette end onto the ground - ignoring completely the "No Smoking" signs as well as the "smoking area" with more than sufficient ash receptacles. An ongoing battle I'm afraid to say. I see you are from one of my favourite cities - Bath. What an absolutely wonderful city. I spent many of my family holidays there as a small child growing up in England - slightly different landscape than that of Saskatoon!

We hope you will be back to visit us again one day soon

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Nearly new hotel that looked new. Comfortable bed in a large room with all the up to date amenities. Breakfast was great with a good variety of hot and cold items and was monitored very well by the attendant. One negative was that the hotel had changed the TV service provider a couple of days prior and the guide on the tv did not match the actual channels. We never did find any local channels.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hello Jim K and thank you so much for posting such a super comment on this site - it is so well viewed and such a valuable site for both the business and the consumer. I do apologize once again about the TV situation - transpires it was out of our hands and actually didn't have anything to do with our switch-over at all! I was informed by Shaw that they had "lost connection" with one of their major satellites which had brought down almost a third of their channels. Thankfully all is up and running now - so come back and visit again soon!

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Great rooms with lots of space, comfortable beds, hot breakfast, water slide and pool and quiet. The staff is very friendly and helpful. It is a bit out if the way but not too far, worth the drive. The place we always stay.

• Stayed: June 2014

Hello Nichole C - and thank you for posting your 5 star review here. We love to receive all comments but especially those when our guests say they are repeat guests and come and stay with us time and time again. That's what family is all about! Don;t be a stranger now - come back soon!