“No Customer Service”

Hot Wok Asian Restaurant
Ranked #478 of 703 Restaurants in Saskatoon
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I recently dined at Hot Wok and left feeling rather upset with the obvious lack of customer service. Our server was rude when asked about a simple substitution while making our order. Apparently substitutions are too much work and the kitchen staff does not know how to deal with such stress. Throughout my meal, I watched our server take personal calls on her cell phone, speak loudly about her personal life with another server, and roll her eyes while taking calls for pick-up.
The food was average, but nothing to brag about. I doubt my husband and I will return.

2  Thank Alicia Z

Reviewed 5 December 2013

ordered a combo plate of boneless ribs, chicken fried rice, chicken chow mein and shrimp. i didn't recognize what the ribs were so didn't eat them, the chicken fried rice and chow mein were so greasy they took it back and made some supposedly without oil but the rice was completely burned and had charred pieces and taste the 2nd time round. i was completely and utterly dissatisfied. they didn't offer a discount or anything. i ended up ordering at wok box near the Sask Tel in the strip mall right after i paid over $20 for this and was pleasantly surprised as usual from the food and service there. I think this restaurant will not be able to last much longer. I told them i could cook a better dish without even trying! Food at Hot Wok is below average and service very slow. Save your money and drive further to a good restaurant. It's worth it!

1  Thank AdeleD101
Reviewed 16 October 2013

This is a very, very basic restaurant with very, very basic food and even worse service. I would recommend looking elsewhere, such as thai restaurants on Broadway.

2  Thank calgarylawyer
Reviewed 4 July 2013

My wife and I eat here several times a month. Our go to meal is beef vermicelli bowls with a starter won ton soup. The flavour of the soup is excellent. Their Cantonese chow mien is also very good. Definitely worth a go!

Reviewed 10 May 2013

The food is fresh, flavorful, and always hits the spot! Staff are very friendly and the service is very efficient/timely. Great variety of favorite Asian foods. They have the best peanut sauce I have ever dipped food into! And I love their spin on the traditional wonton soup (just a little bit of a unique flavoring). Very well priced!