“Wonderful gluten free options and great atmosphere” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Leyda's

Leyda's
Reserve with OpenTable
Leyda's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 660 Restaurants in Saskatoon
Cuisines: Canadian, Pizza, Contemporary, Healthy
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Saskatoon, Canada
“Wonderful gluten free options and great atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

Refreshing atmosphere, creative menu, gluten free, healthy food choices, supporting Riversdale revitalization. Bravo.

• Visited April 2014

Saskatoon, SK
“Wonderful Gluten Free meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

The food and service were fantastic! The decor is comfortable and attractive, and the restaurant is located in an area that has been revitalized - several other interesting cafes and stores in surrounding area.

Visited April 2014
“Finding a balance?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

Interesting new Resto in Saskatoon. The decor is some play on the trendy post-industrial modernism, a little spare for my taste but pleasant in its own way. It was very busy on a pre-holiday Thursday evening - the service staff seemed a combination of overwhelmed and underwhelming. The app'ys were tasty but very, very small in proportion to their price. Mains were excellent - our cod dish was cooked perfectly, served with quinoa and sides of spare grass and carrot also very well prepared. Issue again was service - mains do need to be served to the table at the same time - that was a bit disconcerting. The wine list is borderline - good taste but enthusiastically valued. Desserts were limited and a bit... well, prefab... I suppose that's OK. Overall, a nice addition to Saskatoon's dining options. Hopefully, they'll find their feet. We'll see.

• Visited April 2014
Saskatoon, Canada
“Who to tip for such poor service?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

I came here the other day with my one year old son, it was around 4:00pm and the restaurant didn't have many people in it.

The hostess? Seated us in the back by the noisy kitchen, she didn't get a high chair for me and then quickly disappeared. I guess they didn't want my kid in the front area bothering the 2 other tables that were in the entire restaurant. My son seemed to be a bit of an inconvenience to her and barely a word was spoken to me.

I didn't get any information from the hostess/waitress whatever she was and then when she came back ten minutes later she told me that I couldn't order what I wanted on the menu. So I quickly picked something else in fear she would take as long to return the next time.

I ordered the bison sliders with 'roasted' sweet potato fries. The menu said that the meal would come with the chef's salad 'creation' of the day.

A long time later, the chef rang the bell indicating my order was up. No one came to get it. I don't know what happened to the hostess and there was another waitress who appeared, but she was busy delivering boxes from the back to the kitchen. After the chef rang the bell a second time, some guy walked by and he was asked to give me my food. I hope he worked there....not sure.

The sliders were minuscule, there were 7 soggy fries on my plate and the 'creation' salad was some lettuce leaves, croutons and a shave of Parmesan. It was like a poor man's Caesar salad.

Finally after I waited another 20 minutes with my coat on, the delivery waitress said she would meet me at the front so I could pay, she didn't. The hostess waitress was there and rang me in. She finally started being friendly just as I was hitting the tip option on the machine (interesting)

Needless to say I didn't give a great tip...(even though the menu reminded me not to forget that my added gratuity would be shared by many) I didn't even know which one of the three people I should tip!

I won't be back

Saskatoon, Canada
“They now serve breakfast :) Lucky us!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

News that Leyda's is now serving breakfast came as a delightful surprise. What a perfect way to start the day, have a breakfast meeting, enjoy the start of the day with my husband, or just on my own. The menu is varied, all organic and freshly balanced. Gluten free. Nut free. Whole food and experiential, Leyda's is definitely a favourite for us in Saskatoon.

Here's a sample of our menu selections. We decided to switch entrees half way through so that we could enjoy the full experience:

We began each with a glass of fresh squeezed juice - my husband enjoyed the orange juice, and I the A.N.D.I. Score 1000 (sounds like race car!), which consists of celery, cucumber, kale, apple and lemon - yummy!

The French press coffee was delicious, which accompanied our breakfast entrees. Rick had the Mediterranean Baked Eggs (seasoned roasted veggies and organic eggs, baked and served with Leyda's house toast). This was accompanied by the Saskatoon Berry Jam and Avocado Butter. I had the Buckwheat Pancakes with coconut cream and fresh berries. Absolutely delicious. We remarked how we could taste the difference of fresh ingredients.

Miguel, the chef, is Spanish. He is passionate about what he does, and it shows. I love the creativity, and the knowledge that what I am eating is definitely chosen intelligently, responsibly and with the science of healthy eating. Leyda's has made that easy for us.

The test for us was how much energy we had throughout the day. I did not need my mid-morning 'pick-me-up' coffee, or two on these busy days!

If you are visiting Saskatoon, Leyda's is definitely a local treasure! Buon apetito!

• Visited November 2013