“Hidden gem full of Prairie culture”

Saskatoon Farmers Market
Ranked #1 of 18 Shopping in Saskatoon
Toronto, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Hidden gem full of Prairie culture”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

Went on a Sat and ended up spending the whole afternoon and buying xmas presents for my whole family back in Ontario. A server at a restaurant suggest my friend and I visit here and I'm so glad we did. Wish I could have spent more time in this market!

All the merchants are local and ready to chat your ear off about their products (in a good way). It was full of local, organic goods. I focused on non perishables because I was traveling and couldn't get anything to actually cook.

There's a man with dozens of the BEST smelling candles. I got 3 and should've got more! He has a plethora including unique scents like lemongrass, evergreen (smells like xmas!), campfire (smells like a bonfire!)

One woman spent a long time discussing her ginger products: tea, jam, preserves, cooking additions etc. I loved that she encouraged us to sample everything! And a good sales woman, always explaining the many uses for her products.

Another man sold all natural cleaning and body products. I can't wait to try the "shampoo bar" and have my dad try the "man bar" (good for body, hair, shaving, you name it!

Get the local, SK wine! I wish I had more room to bring extra bottles home! I loved the rhubarb wine.

Also enjoyed the cooked food stands a lot! Lots of healthy choices. I had vegan quinoa lasagna.

Visited October 2013