“Very clean, good value, but paper thin walls”
Review of Motel 6 Saskatoon

Motel 6 Saskatoon
Ranked #19 of 39 Hotels in Saskatoon
GreenLeadersSilver level
Ottawa, Canada
“Very clean, good value, but paper thin walls”
Reviewed 10 March 2011

I would rate my stay at Motel 6 Saskatoon as near perfect if it were not for the paper thin walls. Not that you could hear everything, but it would be easy to be woken up my cellphone alarms in the next room.

Otherwise, my room was clean, the staff was friendly and they have free wireless internet. One sad thing: it is completely outside the city, and unless you have a car, forget about visiting downtown or a large array of restaurants. On the latter note, it will come down to a Husky truck stop restaurant, a Tim Horton's and a Subway not too far down the road.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank joseph34

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Lumsden, SK
Reviewed 19 November 2010

i recently stayed in Saskatoon at the Motel 6 for 9nights, I chose "business" as my reason for staying - My dog had scheduled surgery at the U of S campus. They have kitchenette rooms at a decent price included a stovetop, microwave and full fridge. the price was the best I could find for what I needed, expecting a huge vet bill I needed to save every penny possible.
I must say, the staff are out of this world many of them went out of their way to assist me and my pooch when we arrived and I felt right at home.
should you need a room for a week or more I definitely recommend this place

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank MeAndSadie
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 25 October 2010

due to my type of business I am on the road most of the time
this time when I made a reservation I felt that it was different, at check in time I was intercepted with a big smile and offered a room which was extremely clean .
(wish all the 5 Stars hotel are as clean as this one).
during my entire stay the front desk and housekeeping staff were very courteous and helpfull,dispite being very busy Pool and Lobby area are clean at all time .
This hotel offer free wifi internet and free local phone calls .
definitly I recommend this Hotel to my co-workers, friends and family.
Excellent value for the buck I would say " the best value in town"

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank toronto0
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 6 October 2010

I arrived late, and was greeted by a friendly front desk clerk who was more awake than i was. The room was clean, and although quite basic, it had everything I needed (ie nice queen size bed, bath/shower) without waste-who needs 3 sets of towels if you are only using one? The saltwater pool, and hot tub were clean and enjoyable. This motel does not pretend to be anything else-it is good value for money if you need a place to sleep and recharge. Although basic, eveyhthing is very clean and in good working order.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Danie56
Vancouver Island, Canada
Reviewed 23 September 2010

Friendly front desk staff were great but did not appreciate the housekeeping staff not holding the elevator for us. We were right behind her struggling with our luggage when the door started to close. Lots of maps and books on Saskatchewan in the lobby which were a great help to us.
Rooms are very basic. You are not paying for a fancy room with frills. Beds are older and not uncomfortable.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank backroads_wandering
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 15 September 2010

i had a room with a kitchenette suite, which includes a small table that i used as a desk for my laptop PC. great hi-speed i-net thru the WiFi, even from the swimming pool area.
was there for a week, and will definitely stay again at the Motel 6 next time i am in Saskatoon.
my only complaint is that there is just a Tim Horton's nearby. no other restaurant that is walkable from this location.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank marq_forward
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 15 September 2010

I have stayed at this hotel several times and just thought that it was time to share my experience with others who are looking for a good place to stay while in Saskatoon. From the rooms and the amenities supplied the word that applies is "value" rather than "budget" and the staff are not only friendly but bent over backwards to assist you in any way they can. Because of my experience at this Motel 6 I will always look for a Motel 6 wherever I am travelling.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business