“Weak food with very high prices”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of The Victorian - CLOSED

Cuisines: Canadian, Steakhouse, International
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating
Neighbourhood: Airport Business Area
Calgary
“Weak food with very high prices”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

This place came across as a high end restaurant. It wasn't even close. The service was good but the food doesn't measure up. The seafood plate was very mediocre and the halibut was weak as well. Won't go back. Food at the Saskatoon Station is much better and is less costly.

2 Thank ghuizer

Smithers, B.C.
“Excellent service, excellent food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

One would hardly notice this place in a small mall in a major traffic area. But very much worth finding. Attentive, friendly staff. I had French onion soup, a big, excellent, well presented garden salad and pickerel with garlic-mashed and veg. Finished off with cheesecake. All top notch for $62.21 (included tax). Highly recommended!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank RonTSmithers_B_C_
Saskatoon, Canada
“Large Group left unimpressed.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

A group of 13 of us dined at John's Victorian this weekend and left mostly unsatisfied. Prices are a little above average for fine dining and service was well below expectations. We had two servers which complicated ordering and the bills at the end. Many times throughout the night were we all without drinks and no server to be found. There were 3 extremely over-done steaks yet only one was dealt with since only one side of the group received a meal check. Bills were presented extremely mixed up yet no server returned for all least 15 minutes. We ended up sorting it out among ourselves. Dessert menus were presented but no one came back to take our order. The list goes on.... Don't think anyone from the group will be returning on their own.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank misshelendc
saskaoon
“special place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2013

we love going to the Victorian. we have been married 44 years and for the last 10-15 years we go there for our anniversary. the atmosphere is so romantic. quiet music, dim lights, nice fire in the fireplace and quiet private tables. you can eat at your own leisurely time, you aren't rushed. this is one place I would recommend it for a nice evening out

Vancouver, Canada
“Fine dining in a beautiful atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

Don't be put off by the neighbourhood as I was the night before. I thankfully ended up going on a colleagues recommendation the following night. Its fantastic food unlike any I've had in Saskatoon, the salad wasn't just all lettuce & my seafood platter was not only well presented, but tasted wonderful. The portions are larger than you would expect from fine dining & I was certainly full after my meal.
The waiters are very old school & at no time did I feel rushed. I wish I'd had my partner there to share the experience.

• Visited June 2013