“One of a kind place in Saskatoon”

Samurai Japanese Steak House
Ranked #370 of 697 Restaurants in Saskatoon
Price range: US$21 - US$51
Cuisines: Japanese, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Another one of those special occasion places. Been here after a U of S graduation, engagement, and special birthday. Only place in the city that prepares a meal in front of you. Always had a great experience.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Friendly chef and funny too. We booked the back room for a group of 20 people. Some didn't show up, so they moved us to a couple of tables closer together on the main floor at our request. We had one cook for each table. The food was great, fresh and well prepared. Our whole party was completely happy with the evening. You have to have enough time (a couple of hours) to enjoy the experience. It is well worth it.

Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

Excellent food great atmosphere and entertaining! Allowed us to bring in our own birthday cake for my wife's 30 th birthday !

Reviewed 18 January 2014

We wanted to treat our kids to this experience ages 13 and 11. We walked in at 5:15 on a Friday and asked if they had room for four. For sure, they could serve us at 5:30. When the cook came he wanted or girl to move in front of him, she started beside him, so he could do things with the kids. There was also another little girl there around 5. He was absolutely wonderful!!! Flipping onion rings at them to catch on their chopsticks, showing them how to catch bowls in another bowl and then flipping bowls at them to catch. He flipped a mushroom up for my son to catch in his mouth, as well as his regular cooking and juggling show.

The food was very good and plentiful. Service was great. We had a lot of fun with the cook, and our kids are still telling us how cool it was and what they want to order next time.

I don't like to give five stars, but this one is well deserved.

Reviewed 22 December 2013

First, the positives.... The decor was nice and the food was alright. At least the beef, the chicken, the cucumber and California rolls were.

Now the drawbacks...The service was horrendous! We came in as a group of about 20. We were seated at three different tables, which was fine. One of the tables got served quite quickly, one table had to wait 45 minutes for drinks and My table had to wait 1 1/2 hours for our food...and when the chef came to our table to cook, I think he was in such a hurry to get finished, he ran off the second he was done. I was polite and said thank you every time he put some food on my pate, and was completely ignored. He didn't so much as crack a smile as he was cooking or putting the food on our plates. I did not enjoy the service at all.
The prices were ridiculous!!! $3.95 for a cup of coffee!! and it was only lukewarm! And trying to get a refill....was almost impossible. I finally managed to get one, and it was cold as well.
There is a huge choice for restaurants in Saskatoon, and downtown in particular. I would choose a different restaurant if you would like a good meal, with good service at a good price. I would definitely not go to this one again.