“Always Consistently Very Good”
Review of Mr Rizos Restaurant - CLOSED

Mr Rizos Restaurant
Price range: US$16 - US$32
Cuisines: International
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Caswell Hill
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Friends came to visit from Edmonton for Christmas and I knew I wouldn't feel like cooking on Boxing day after cooking a large Xmas dinner at home so I reserved a table for the four of us at Mr. Rizzo's (the only high end restaurant I found was open on the 26th).

My wife and I hadn't been to Mr. Rizzo's for several years so I wasn't sure if it was still offering the high quality I remembered.

Well I am pleased to say these folks still offer excellent food, great service and good value for your $$.

We had drinks, appetizers and the main courses were enjoyed by all. My Rack of Lamp was perfect as was my wife's Lobster Tail. Our male friend had the Rib-eye Special and his wife had the Veal Oscar both of which were excellent according to our friends. Our friends from Edmonton were very impressed.

This place is still on my list of the top ten "must eat here" recommendations.

With several drinks (we cabbed it there and back), appetizers, and main courses and the must have after dinner "Captains Coffee" our bill for four was $308.00 before the tip.

I highly recommend going here whether it's for the first time or for a return visit. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

The dining room is elegant and sophisticated. Not at all what you would expect in this area of town. The service was outstanding, our server Chris was kind, happy, helpful but not pushy. The food was served hot and cooked to perfection in a timely manner. We will definetly be back again soon. A pleasant surprise!

Reviewed 26 September 2013

All five of us enjoyed the elegantly set tables; and top-notch food served by professional, fun wait staff. Tremendous selection, generous portions.. Chicken-liver appetizer is exceptional, as were all our meals.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

Best food I've had anywhere on the planet! I I love ribs and Rizo's ribs stand as some of the best ever. My wife and I make excuses to eat here as often as possible. I

Reviewed 7 June 2013

this is one of the higher classed places in the city. it is known for it's great food, friendly and very experienced waiters, and plush surroundings. it is a place where the business personel go for dinner meetings