“As terrible as the worst reviews here make it out to be!”

Northwoods Inn & Suites
Ranked #38 of 39 Hotels in Saskatoon
Edmonton, Canada
“As terrible as the worst reviews here make it out to be!”
Reviewed 19 September 2012

Don't believe any of the reviews that rate this higher than a 1. This place is a travesty, a dirty dive that will get your skin crawling. My "non-smoking" room that the clerks said had always been non-smoking reeked of cigarettes and their were cigarette burns on the couch. One of the door locks was missing, the room was dirty with insects buzzing and crumbs lying around. A key I was given wouldn't work and I was supplied another key without an apology. And there's a train track very nearby - I was woken up in the middle of the night by a very loud train. If I had felt safe sitting in my car in that parking lot, I would have slept there for the night, but the clientele who frequent this hole can be pretty scary looking, Avoid at all costs. I would rather spend the night on a dirty park bench. I've been scarred for life.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank Shane F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Ok - I completely agree with all of the above so just adding my 5 cents to the history. I currently live in Saskatoon and this place, and the surrounding neighborhood, is virtually a no-go zone for most people. Saskatoon can be a rough place at night and this place is certainly one of the hotspots for trouble; bad location, hookers frequent it and what not. I advise you to steer clear and find a hotel/motel/whatever far away and stay safe.

Saskatoon is a sweet town for a days visit but this place will not provide it. Keep away.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
12 Thank Arthur D
John P, General Manager at Northwoods Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 7 August 2012
Please take notice that our hotel has been serving the public for many, many years and we have had thousands of happy and satisfied guests. However, as we are not perfect, we try to improve our services all the times. Our apologies for any inconvenience we have caused. We will try to resolve the concern. If you have any question, please call John Pontes at 306-653-4012.

Travellers are raving about these Saskatoon hotels

Reviewed 12 June 2012

Asked to see the room before we stayed. Room had stains on the dark stains, unknown dried something on sheets and headboard. Room smelt musty. Decided to cancel the reservation (called in to book it 2hrs earlier)
They refused to cancel the reservation and charged my credit card when i initially called. They said they need to be notifed 24 hours before otherwise they cannot give my money back. Instead they tried to offer me a discount off my next stay... Why in the hell would I want to stay here?
Room was way over-priced for the quality ($140), I travel constantly and have stayed in $80 hotels that were nicer.
AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

• Stayed June 2012
6 Thank MorZerg
John P, General Manager at Northwoods Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 15 June 2012
sask
Reviewed 7 June 2012

I have never felt so ripped off in my life.The room absolutely reeked of urine.Puke(?) stains on the carpet.Mouse droppings on the sheets of the hide-a-bed.The mice had plenty to eat due to the great amounts of food under the bed.The carpet does not appear to have ever been vacuumed.Toilet is broken,leave the lid off the tank.No sleep for anyone due to crazy partying,finally resulting in police hauling person or persons away.Broken glass(window,not bottles)swept up against doorway upon leaving in the morning.Large sign above desk says no refunds on rooms.They don't ask how your stay was because they already know.All this for a premium price($220 plus taxes)Avoid if you care about your health or personal safety.Shameful!!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
14 Thank SaskFreddy
John P, General Manager at Northwoods Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 9 June 2012
Saskatoon
Reviewed 2 June 2012

Okay so I am currently separated from my wife, and staying in various hotels in Saskatoon, so suffice it to say I am not terribly picky at the moment. So how bad does this place have to be for me to sit down at the laptop an write this? Let me tell you so you avoid it at all costs: First of all I arrived for check-in at two p.m. and was asked to come back later because of water damage. I returned at nine p.m. and while I was waiting to check-in a guy came in and started ranting about the "something or other" he'd found under his fridge. The guy at the desk seemed concerned about my room and called another desk clerk over, who quickly said, 'No it's fine". Well now i realize the concern was over my room. First off yes, definitely water damaged and reeks like an old cabin. Ceiling removed in bathroom and toilet running constantly. I am having to turn the water on and off at the toilet base for fear it will overflow. The coffee pot is wrapped in its cord and laying on its side; the bathroom contained one tube of shampoo on a dirty bath towel, and I actually showered (grudgingly) with the curtain open for fear of touching it. I stepped outside to get something from my car, and I am quite sure there are a couple of drug dealers sitting in their car a few doors down, because they wouldn;t stop staring at me the whole time. As i entered my room a neighboring door opened and a drunk lady came out and wished me "Good morning" (it's eleven at night right now). I really can;t find the words to describe my horror at the thought of a family arriving here and spending the night. This is a travesty and I am quite certain it would be shut down following any real sort of investigation. As I said earlier I am in a personal situation which makes it seem silly for me to complain at the desk, but that hasn't stopped me from passing on my most sincere warning that if you stay here you had better be a risk-taker and have a penchant for filth, grime and stench. Wow. I have actually taken many pictures and sent them to friends and they are stunned as well. YUCK! Avoid at all costs - sleep in the car instead! By the way I spent almost two hundred bucks to stay here and have stayed in better as recently as two nights ago for $109.00

Room Tip: Stay someplace else!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
11 Thank John B
Reviewed 19 May 2012 via mobile

We paid $165 for this horribly dirty room.This hotel is in a horrible area badly lit scetchy people everywhere.We were worried to leave the car parked outside this place. We decided to check the bed before we went to our concert and on the second bed huge blood stain hasnt even been washed sheets... Eww this was the laststraw we went to talk to the manager of this hotel hoping he would be apologetic and offer us some kind of refund. NO he screamed and pointed in our faces telling us he was god and we could leave with no refund, this was private property and we could leave and get the law if we wanted to. He would not give us kind of refund switched our room that was it... This new room was no better blood on the back of the bathroom door, bathroom light and front curtains .. Needless to say we did not sleep there scared for our lives...DO NOT STAY AT THIS "HOTEL"!!!!!!??

• Stayed May 2012
13 Thank missmine
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Reviewed 12 March 2012

By far the WORST experience Ive ever had IN MY LIFE. I spent 140 dollars for one nights stay. The room was EXTREMELY hot, there was no way to turn the heat off completely... went to turn on the air conditioning, opened the door the control panels, and a freaking CRACK PIPE, wrapped in paper towel falls into my hands. HOW DID THE CLEANING STAFF MISS THIS? Could not get a wink of sleep because a group of people above our room were extremely loud and constantly slamming their door, falling into our window and door, getting in their car and leaving every 10 minutes, yelling at each other, etc. When I got the room they said I would get free breakfast in the morning. After I expressed my distress and disgust in the most polite way possible, they had no response, revoked their *deal* on the free breakfast, refused a refund, and all out didn't care. This place needs to be shut down. I can't believe their staff missed a CRACK PIPE that was basically out in the open. Disgraceful.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
21 Thank Caila A
John P, General Manager at Northwoods Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 3 June 2012
Please take notice that our hotel has been serving the public for many, many years and we have had thousands of happy and satisfied guests. However, as we are not perfect, we try to improve our services all the times. Our apologies for any inconvenience we have caused. If you please, come and stay in our hotel within next 90 days, we will give you 50% discount on the existing rate which is publicized in our website. If you have any question, please call John Pontes at 306-653-4012.