“Worst.”

Northwoods Inn & Suites
Ranked #38 of 39 Hotels in Saskatoon
“Worst.”
Reviewed 29 October 2012

-very hot and uncontrollable heat
-shower didn't work... Switched rooms, and then the toilet didn't work
-pull-out bed was filled with mouse droppings and glass. There were also stains on the sheets.
-seemed like everyone at the hotel was partying
-drunk people knocking at our door all night
-some lady tried to open our window while we were sleeping. Neighbour later said that the same lady broke into his room and stole his wallet. (the windows didn't have a lock or a safety to prevent this)
-TV didn't work. It had cable and you can change the channels, but it was extremely fuzzy.
-the ground was dirty.
-pretty sure this place has bedbugs. Woke up covered in bites.

I hate this hotel. Never again. Overpriced, uncomfortable and I was actually scared.

• Stayed October 2012
4 Thank Wats23a

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Reviewed 17 October 2012

I travel for work an average of 8 months a year, staying in hotels. I have stayed in some not so nice places in the past. This is absolutely the worst hotel I've ever stayed in anywhere in Canada! Dirty!! The staff are not helpful in the slightest! Loud, drunk, homeless people banging on your door all hours, no security to be seen anywhere. Please do not stay here if you value your Heath and well being! Not only dirty, but not safe!

• Stayed October 2012
6 Thank JBSandLMA

Travellers are raving about these Saskatoon hotels

MELVILLE SK
Reviewed 30 September 2012

The owner is a complete idoit ......Drunken parties....welfare palace.. terrible front desk .....this clown overcharges people and thinks he is giving you a deal he is a rude loud classless man.....people throwing beer bottles around smashing peoples windshields

Room Tip: go next door to northgate ..way better pace...mr rizzos great for breakfast
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank DALE B
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 19 September 2012

Don't believe any of the reviews that rate this higher than a 1. This place is a travesty, a dirty dive that will get your skin crawling. My "non-smoking" room that the clerks said had always been non-smoking reeked of cigarettes and their were cigarette burns on the couch. One of the door locks was missing, the room was dirty with insects buzzing and crumbs lying around. A key I was given wouldn't work and I was supplied another key without an apology. And there's a train track very nearby - I was woken up in the middle of the night by a very loud train. If I had felt safe sitting in my car in that parking lot, I would have slept there for the night, but the clientele who frequent this hole can be pretty scary looking, Avoid at all costs. I would rather spend the night on a dirty park bench. I've been scarred for life.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank Shane F
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Ok - I completely agree with all of the above so just adding my 5 cents to the history. I currently live in Saskatoon and this place, and the surrounding neighborhood, is virtually a no-go zone for most people. Saskatoon can be a rough place at night and this place is certainly one of the hotspots for trouble; bad location, hookers frequent it and what not. I advise you to steer clear and find a hotel/motel/whatever far away and stay safe.

Saskatoon is a sweet town for a days visit but this place will not provide it. Keep away.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
12 Thank Arthur D
John P, General Manager at Northwoods Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 7 August 2012
Please take notice that our hotel has been serving the public for many, many years and we have had thousands of happy and satisfied guests. However, as we are not perfect, we try to improve our services all the times. Our apologies for any inconvenience we have caused. We will try to resolve the concern. If you have any question, please call John Pontes at 306-653-4012.
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Asked to see the room before we stayed. Room had stains on the dark stains, unknown dried something on sheets and headboard. Room smelt musty. Decided to cancel the reservation (called in to book it 2hrs earlier)
They refused to cancel the reservation and charged my credit card when i initially called. They said they need to be notifed 24 hours before otherwise they cannot give my money back. Instead they tried to offer me a discount off my next stay... Why in the hell would I want to stay here?
Room was way over-priced for the quality ($140), I travel constantly and have stayed in $80 hotels that were nicer.
AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

• Stayed June 2012
6 Thank MorZerg
John P, General Manager at Northwoods Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 15 June 2012
sask
Reviewed 7 June 2012

I have never felt so ripped off in my life.The room absolutely reeked of urine.Puke(?) stains on the carpet.Mouse droppings on the sheets of the hide-a-bed.The mice had plenty to eat due to the great amounts of food under the bed.The carpet does not appear to have ever been vacuumed.Toilet is broken,leave the lid off the tank.No sleep for anyone due to crazy partying,finally resulting in police hauling person or persons away.Broken glass(window,not bottles)swept up against doorway upon leaving in the morning.Large sign above desk says no refunds on rooms.They don't ask how your stay was because they already know.All this for a premium price($220 plus taxes)Avoid if you care about your health or personal safety.Shameful!!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
14 Thank SaskFreddy
John P, General Manager at Northwoods Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 9 June 2012