“Disgusting ghetto hotel” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #38 of 39 Hotels in Saskatoon
Saskatoon
“Disgusting ghetto hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

Do not stay here! 79,- for a night is a "special price" they say. I have seen Hotels for less in a much better condition. You have to be paid for staying there in my opinion. Very noisy rooms and dirty. Staff is friendly but that´s the minimum to expect. And by the way: breakfast is ok but you have no buffet like in every hotels serving breakfast. Just a plate with 2 eggs, 1 toast and 3 stripes of bacon and a coffee. That´s all.

Room Tip: No tip. Just choose any room in another Motel!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Yen W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Kitimat, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

We were in this hotel for 20 minutes max before leaving as fast as we could.
- Filthy!!!!! carpet had mud caked on it.
- Mold and rust around faucets, and anything with water.
- Ceiling lights were extremely dim because of the dirt layered inside the shade
- Other room lights did not work very well and flickered
- Fridge looked like it had not been cleaned in 3 years
- Bugs were everywhere including the tub, sinks, ceilings and sheets. I pulled up the sheets and found bugs live and dead in the mattress.

This place was so dirty and disgusting it made me literally cry seeing my kids running around the room playing. We got out of there ASAP.
DO NOT STAY HERE!!! It is the NASTIEST place you will ever walk into. You will for ever compare it to other hotels as this one is the worst!

Room Tip: DON'T get a room here, is the best tip anyone could give you.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank Vanessa C

Travellers are raving about these Saskatoon hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

We travelled to Edmonton and stayed at this hotel for the night. Upon checking in the receptionist could not find my name in the online reservation. However, they provide us with the room. I was hesitant to stay in this hotel as in the reception it was already smelly and one of the guest was there appears to be drugged and could not even stand still. Upon entering the room, I could already smell the musty odor as if the linens were not changed for many years! I could not imagine why the Health Department of Saskatoon did not bother evaluating this hotel! Not worth the money I spent for the night! So disgusting and yucky place! We were so tired already for the long drive and forced to stay for the night! I will never ever go back to this place again.

• Stayed June 2013
7 Thank Amielita
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

After booking this hotel through Bookings.com we read the reviews and decided at the last minute not to stay here. The Northwoods web site said that if we cancelled by the 15th of May (we were booked from the 16th through the 27th) that we would not be charged. We cancelled by 1pm on the 15th of May. When we got back home I discovered a one night charge for our room at the Northwoods on our credit card bill.

We contacted Booking.com and they in turn contacted the Northwoods and asked that the charge be refunded from our Credit Card per our understanding of the Hotels cancellation policy. George, the person in charge at the Hotel adamantly refused to refund the charge. The honorable thing for Northwoods to do would be to refund the room charge. There is no Honor here!

When we arrived in Saskatoon we went to check out this place, because we couldn't believe all those bad reviews (93) could be true. They were all true and we are so happy we cancelled and stayed somewhere else. As frequent travelers we were extremely surprised that any booking service would ever cater to such an establishment. This place even gives cheap hotels a bad name. We are also surprised that the Canadian Tourist Bureau and/or Canadian Health Department hasn't shut this place down. We will never use Booking.com or any other booking service that lists this hotel or any other hotel with the kind of reviews this place has.

David Wall Portland, Oregon USA

Room Tip: Go anywhere else!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
8 Thank david_w52024
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2013

Everything you have read in these reviews is true ! There is a shortage of rooms in Saskatoon and these guys jack up the prices because of it. There were no other choices for rooms in town and I thought, how bad can it be ? I'm not sure where to start but my truck sinking past the rims in the parking lot was an omen of things to come.
The smell when you enter the room is overwhelming, smokey musty and the worst part is that it gets into your clothes and stays for days. Even the clothes in my suitcase smelled terrible ! The front desk was no help as they were fully booked.
The native girl who showed up at my door was pleasant and not drunk (maybe high) but lost. She needed a lighter, money for a payphone, finally asked to use the phone in my room. I quickly realized this was a situation that could quickly turn bad and ushered her out. Her offer of a "favor" to extend her stay had some value but I declined. Monica phoned room to room at 1AM claiming to know me but she didn't, don't think it was the same girl.
I was actually relieved to discover that the stains on the bed sheets were cigarette burns and not bodily fluids. I "slept" on top of the blankets anyways.
I wasn't really sleeping but the loud banging on my door at 3AM scared the crap out of me, my door seemed to open a crack but they left and continued to bang on every door in the place for 1/2 an hour. The party directly above never seemed to end and I swear they were playing marbles on the tile floor.
I saw one review recommend going to Canadian tire to get a tent instead and for sure that is a better option !

Room Tip: Rooms in another part of town are better !
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
10 Thank drummer_boy
Medicine Hat, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

Avoid this motel if at all possible. the motel rooms are dirty, smelly, with old aluminum windows and doors that don't seal very well.... luckily it was spring, cant imagine staying in winter. Plug ins were worn out so chargers etc, would fall out. Pool was warm, thank goodness because the hot tub was very cold and unusable. Wife mentioned the hot tub not working, they said they would send someone, but no one showed up. probable because I noticed the snow melting off a large hot water tank outside the pool area... been there awhile maybe all winter+?? Water slide was not working, but maybe a good thing as the fibreglass is separating and could lead to injuries. tiles falling off in pool, no upgrades since I was a baby in the room or pool area. reminded me of "Life after people" TV show. One semi bright spot was the breakfast, as you could order hot meal...we had 2 eggs with ham or bacon, and choice of toast with coffee... way better than bagels and muffins.

Room Tip: Hmmm, keep driving
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank ktktktktktktktktktkt
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2013

Where do I start? Well my parents booked it over the phone as it was cheap and we all were coming up for my grandpas funeral! When we arrived my my mom seemed concerned as the people that were hanging around were sketchy to say the least but I told her not to worry! I was so wrong! As we unpacked our stuff into the room we noticed it to be very smoky even tho it was a smoke free room! We also had towels with gross stains on them. The shower nozzle was about to fall off, there was water damage on the walls and ceiling, I was scared to take my shoes off as the carpets were disgusting! Also both nights there were people yelling and swearing and fighting...I was concerned for our vehicle outside! I dealt with all this as I guess you get what you pay for but in my case they should have paid me to stay there or at the very least gave me our stay for free because on the day of the funeral we left around 12 and my parents were back around 4 and in that time we received a flat screen tv in our room which they joked about as the old tv worked fine but could use many more things before a flat screen! So when we were packing up the next day I noticed that my louis vuitton backpack with my white 13" mac book and a few other things in it was missing so I asked my parents if they moved it from on top of our cooler by the door and they said no. We searched everywhere but found nothing! My father and I went to the front desk and told them about it...they talked to the maintainance man who was also our waiter at breakfast because the new waitress quit on the first day and he said he was there around 3 to change the tv! Also waited to talk to the head housecleaner and she new nothing. Our room did not get made up as our beds were the same and no clean towels either! We waited around for a long time waiting to talk to the staff as it seemed to not be a priority! I finally decided to call the cops to report a break and enter and ended up going to the station to give them my statement! I did not get any concern shown towards me and my already sad family and was told that they would look into it and thats it! I already had a loss but this really made the trip even worse! I hope whomever stole it is happy that they will now have a few more hundred dollars once they sell it to get their next hit! I am very disgusted by the service of this place and don't even want to think about it anymore as it makes me sick to my stomach! Speaking of which I can't imagine what the kitchen looks like either! Places like this should be shut down as they are not safe or clean and have no heart! I hope that nobody takes things to a next level of pathetic and sad and causes me more stress by using my info on my laptop! Please don't cause me any more pain just return the laptop and I won't say anything else! Please clean this place up or shut it down, as all of the other comments on here are sad too! NEVER stay here unless you want to be sadly disappointed and disgusted!

• Stayed April 2013