“I left after 2 min for fear of my familes safety”

Northwoods Inn & Suites
Ranked #38 of 39 Hotels in Saskatoon
Fairbanks, Alaska
“I left after 2 min for fear of my familes safety”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Graffiti covers the outside of the hotel, when we got to our room the door was already open, I can only assume from the looks of the place that crack heads had broken in days before (not noticed by or reported by management of course) and used the room to get high. Stayed in the hotel long enough to make a phone call and find another hotel, the beds and couch were covered in dog or cat hair, the window to the room was covered with aluminum foil. Remember that ghetto in training day, I would have rather stayed there. As I was walking back to my car with my three small children people opened their doors and screamed at the top of their lungs, I didn't know if I was going to make it out without getting stabbed. When I told the clerk why I was leaving, he informed me that I would still have to pay. WITH PLEASURE, I'd pay 200 dollars to not stay there. I've stayed in some horrible places all over the world, but this little hotel in Saskatoon is by far the worst I have ever seen, DO NOT stay there under any circumstances.

Room Tip: DO NOT stay there!! Not only are there better hotels down the street such as the ramada, or travel l...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
25 Thank scott g

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I don't know if there's any point to my adding a review- it's obvious a ton of people before me have had a similarly horrible experience staying at Northwoods. However, I feel like I need to lay out my situation. Let me say first that I lived in a third world country for 8 months and learned quickly not to be picky with my surroundings. I'm usually grateful for a place to stay, especially if it's cheap, but please believe me when I say, this is NOT worth it!

One of the only good things I can say about this place is that when I called the front desk to ask that security be sent out around 2am, they did so promptly and somewhat effectively. At that point I had had enough of listening to fighting, yelling, swearing, and banging around just outside my window and in the room next to me. The walls are thin, and you can hear every word of an immature, drug induced argument. At six in the morning I was woken up by someone banging on my door. I never found out why, because I'd be a fool to open the door (especially in this area it seems), but it went on for at least five minutes.

As far as the actual accommodations, I guess you get what you pay for, although I would argue that a one-night stay in this unkept facility is worth no more than 40 dollars. It's obvious that the previous guests have had ample opportunity to trash the property, and that the management is in way over their heads and are unable to keep up. There are stains and caked on food mess on the carpet, slashes in the furniture, holes in the walls, it looks like someone made instant soup in the coffee pot and some of it was left behind, and the bathroom looks like it managed to go months without being cleaned. I don't understand how this type of facility is permitted to run. I will be writing a review for Expedia, who I booked this hotel through. They are far too reputable to be associated with this place.

If you are a parent, do not bring your children here. If you are a poor student or a broke single woman like me, do not convince yourself that the cheap nightly rate is worth it. IT'S NOT! Don't do it! I would never recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: NONE, stay away!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
12 Thank Angela G

Travellers are raving about these Saskatoon hotels

Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Made the mistake of getting a room for a week here, had ppl begging me for money and cigarettes in the parking lot, woke up to someone trying to break in my vehicle, woke up to a sketchy character banging on my door who was probably drunk/high asking to stay in my room and borrow money, had valuables stole from my room, drug dealers are staying there selling drugs from out of the rooms and kept trying to sell to me, prostitutes trying to sell me their wares. Left after the 3rd night will never ever go back. Anyone with a shred of class would never stay here!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
12 Thank Jay409
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 28 October 2013

$200.00 a night for a terrible hotel room is way too much. Doors and windows did not lock properly. The bathroom lock was just hanging there. Tub was disgusting. There was nothing good about this room. We checked out the next day. Would not advise anyone to stay, only at your own risk. This is not the safest area.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else like the Sheraton.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
9 Thank AdelineAnne38
bellevue, saskatchewan
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Stay at your own risk. The peep hole on our outer door was just a hole , I felt the wind in my eye when I looked through it. The magnetic door handle was loose and was ready to fall out. The carpet was sticky,crusty, and disgusting. We had paid for two days in advance before seeing the room so the second day we went and found another hotel to stay at. When we returned to collect our things we found our bag had been searched and our bottle of liquor had been stolen by the cleaning staff. We would have been better sleeping in our vehicle. This hotel has turned into a toilet. The only thing that was okay was the breakfast. The health department should close this place down.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
11 Thank Jeannette L
Castor
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Where to start?
1) Place is run down totally, parking lot like bomb craters
2) Expedia is $50 higher than motel
3) Black mold in room - Pic attached.
4) Cops were staking out the place. They followed us to the next door Ramada (after cancelling) and were laughing with us on the right decision to leave, day 5 of stakeout.
5) Place is absolute s**thole... less than 0 rating.
Expedia should not have a hotel like this in their system.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
17 Thank Todd P
Saskatoon
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Do not stay here! 79,- for a night is a "special price" they say. I have seen Hotels for less in a much better condition. You have to be paid for staying there in my opinion. Very noisy rooms and dirty. Staff is friendly but that´s the minimum to expect. And by the way: breakfast is ok but you have no buffet like in every hotels serving breakfast. Just a plate with 2 eggs, 1 toast and 3 stripes of bacon and a coffee. That´s all.

Room Tip: No tip. Just choose any room in another Motel!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo