“Certainly my kind of place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Airport Chalet
Airport Chalet
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Whitehorse
Kingston, Canada
“Certainly my kind of place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2013

You know the truth of it is that I don't always look for the million dollar light fixtures and beds you need a step ladder to get into but more the feel when you enter the place. As long as it's clean, friendly and the staff when the say "hello can I help you" they look at you not through you. Not only is the staff great the owner and his wife are on the property and accessible. The lounge is a great place to meet locals, chat and have a meal and beverage or go across the lobby to the restaurant. The property is full of History and stories and that is a bonus. I left with a smile and would return without a thought. The owners are constantly working on things there and without a doubt it is noticed. If you are looking for at neat place to stay give them a try. Keep up the great work there.

Room Tip: Grab one with a kitchen unit.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank JackandPam2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2012

I had a chance to visit Whitehorse,Yukon last winter as a part of my precious vacation.lol! (YUKON,wow..wut a exotic-arctic place to imagine) Unlike visiting other big Canadian city like Van and Toronto, it was not easy to find out "adequate" staying there. Fortunately I could find and book this Hotel,(actually I tripadisored and googled myself- Especially remarkable location looks good to my family)

I stayed this Airport Chalet with my family from Last December 18 to 22. Well I could remember atmosphere around there was kinda cozy, comfy still a bit conservative.
Overall score 90 out of 100.(my subjective opinion)

Pros.
#1. Fantastic location from the airport. ..you can literally walk to hotel from airport.!
#2. Foods served at the restaurant and Beverages at the bar were both excellent.
#3. Cozy,Clean bed, Nice screen TV
#4. Relatively well equiped necessary amendment.

Cons.
#1. a bit oldy....i can say.
#2, WIFIless...-> im not sure it could be problem of my device.

Housestaffs were very nice and kind....also you can never be disappointed by their dishes at the main restaurant. Definitely I can say this hotel became one of my favorite stay.

Room Tip: Definitely you will be happy when you choose non-smoking option
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Ryan P
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2012

Stayed in the main hotel, not the "newer" more expensive motel portion at the rear. Things were definitely well worn and we had a room next to the furnace that made rude noises around the clock. Outside of that, it was close to the airport, clean, nice friendly staff. It seemed expensive, but comparing prices around town, it was a good deal for a night. Local bed and breakfast places seem to be a much better deal. Might or might not stay here again - would depend on the circumstances.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Charliethetraveller1
Willow, Alaska
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2012

We have stayed here a few time now and I would probably stay again but we were a little disappointed with our last stay. We had reservations for a pet room and somehow things got mixed up and our reservation was not recorded as a pet room. They were accommodating and let us stay in the hotel itself (all pet rooms were full) but it was noisey and the room were not as nice.

The restraurant was convenient and the fried chicken was good but service was slow. Overall the rate was very high for the off season (early May) but the location is better for travelers on the Alcan because you can avoid the downtown if you want. I would probably stay again but if they messed up on our reservations again it would be my last stay.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are nicer and quieter then the ones in the motel itself.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Vancouver
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2012

It was busy when we sat down and there was only a one younger waitress on, so I expected it was going to take some time. I started to wonder how our meals would turn out when the bus boy gave a meal to three different customers before getting the right person. Not just inquirer but leaving the meal and coming back changeing to the next leave and then to the correct customer. He almost gave our meals to the table next to us, but I caught it in time. Both meals where less than luke warm. Sad only bad experience we had in Whitehorse.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Oldcarnut

Travellers are raving about these Whitehorse hotels

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2012

I really was worried about staying here- but found the new owners and staff to be excellent and helpful. The room was quiet, clean, and the beds were absolutely so comfortable that I am determined to try to locate the same mattress for my home. The food in the coffee shop was delicious and served fast with a smile :) Excellent channels on the TV as well. There is also a bar with LIVE entertainment on the weekends. I didn't go in but stood at the door and listened for a while. They have really interesting/ intriguing historical photographs on the walls. From there to the Airport was only $6.50 plus tip for the cab fare. I am glad I stayed there and would stay again when I get up North again.

Room Tip: I found it very quiet on the ground floor facing the parking lot. I didn't ask if they had a poo...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Hella P
Anchorage
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

We arrived late at night (9:00PM). The restaurant was closed, and nothing was open that was close. The owner offered and made us a late dinner, which was not only excellent but was as if the restaurant was not already closed.
We had our dogs with us and they were very accommodating for them. We have two little Yorkshire Terriers. Make sure a tell the front desk about pets to avoid a fine.
The interior was older, very clean , and the older interior added to the charm of the hotel.
Breakfast the next morning, food was excellent, as was the service.
All members of the staff were very friendly and helpful!!
We would definitely stay there again, and recommend it to friends and family!!!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business