“good location”

Best Western Gold Rush Inn
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Whitehorse
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We stayed for 4 nights for aurora!! Good location, many restaurants arounds. Room is standard with a small TV, clean but do not expect much amenity. Friendly service from front staffs. It warms our heart when they have hot coffee ready at lobby before we depart to see aurora at night time.

Room Tip: choose room facing main street, sunset is beautiful!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 April 2014

My wife and I stayed here through April for a single night on our way to Alaska and we wish we had stayed longer! The hotel was amazing!

We did not know what to expect from this Best Western that was tucked in to White Horse. We called prior to booking and spoke with Jun and when we arrived at the Front Desk Jun was there to greet us.

He was extremely friendly and very courteous to both my wife and I and even gave us a treat for our dog Apollo. Parking was free and very accommodating for both our SUV and our smaller 4x8 UHAUL. It was located adjacent to the hotel on the same street and provided convenient access to our vehicle as we brought our belongings to the room.

I am not sure if this hotel is advertised as a high class resort but the establishment is deserving of every good review it has ever received. The attendants are very friendly and even though we were not locals they treated us as if we were family and showed us what real hotel Hospitality is all about.

The room was located on the second floor and included a King Bed, free wi-fi access and was close to all of the local restaurants.

There was even a restaurant within the hotel which was similar to a bar, and even though it was quite noisy through the hours of the night we could not hear a single thing from the room, we were almost directly above the restaurant and I was pleasantly surprised by the quiet and calmness the room presented us after a long 3000 mile drive.

Although we only stayed a single night we would highly recommend this hotel (if it can even be considered that). As I stated before this hotel is more akin to a resort than anything else and the customer service we received is certainly worth writing home about.

Thanks again Jun for making our stay that much more comfortable!

Room Tip: A great place to rest up whether you are travelling or just trying to get away. Jun at the front des...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I've stayed here a few times, mostly on my own, and once with a family member. And always 2 dogs. The price is a little steep, but most places are in WH. I paid the pet fee and appreciate being able to keep 2 dogs in a room with me. Once the pet fee is added on to a room, with a discounted rate already, it's pretty expensive. The front lobby area is nice, lots of information and decorations. Great location in downtown. Staff are friendly. However, the pub on site is so loud, ask for a room as far away from it as possible. Also there is limited parking. Rooms are typical BW rooms with amenities.

Room Tip: Avoid any rooms near the Pub, or overlooking the main front lobby street.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Third stay and was as excellent as first two! Shuttle service was FANTASTIC! Room was very clean, quite roomy and access was good. Staff greeted me with genuine happiness and concern that I was being looked after immediately. Room was ready, wake up call was prompt!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 28 March 2014

The cleanliness of room is my first priority and this hotel does have very clean rooms. I would say that the only downside is the bar patrons standing along the sidewalk smoking, as my children have to walk by them after a 12 drive.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I’ve stayed at the Gold Rush on two previous occasions but not for a few years and not since the addition was completed. My experience this time was mostly positive but with a couple of regrets. I was given one of the newer rooms and found it to be standard but comfortable and equipped with most of the items you’d expect, including a small bar fridge and microwave, but missing a security safe. The bed was comfortable, however, rather than four extra thick pillows I’d have preferred to see a couple with a lower profile. The ‘Fitness Room’ was a major disappointment; it comprises of a converted bedroom containing four or five pieces of equipment. including an out-of-order treadmill. During winter a decent fitness facility is a must in Canadian hotels and the Gold Rush doesn’t measure up. I was also disappointed to find no change in what passes for the hotel restaurant, which is really a tavern that also sells food and is not particularly family/child friendly. I support the hotels’ attempts to maintain links to the past, however, as it stands the Gold Rush works for business travellers or those without children - families with children may be wise to look elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank SussexGeezer
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Had a great 5 days in Whitehorse last week and found the Gold Rush Inn completely acceptable for our 5 travellers in 3 rooms. The rooms were well appointed and clean and the Restaurant/Bar was great .... unless you wanted to sleep between 6-10 PM on the weekends.... which we didn't .... and the live music was fun! THANKS to the checkin staff who were very pleasant and accomodating.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family