Best Western Gold Rush Inn
Yukon Inn(Whitehorse)
  • Restaurant
Airport Chalet(Whitehorse)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgold pantop floormain streetfront desk staffcentral locationrestaurant barin towndowntown whitehorseair conditioningrooms are cleannice staynorthern taleswould stay here againfridge and microwavecoffee makerenjoyed my staybed was very comfortable
Reviewed 24 May 2014

The Best Western Gold Rush Inn, in Whitehorse Yukon Territories, had good food, very friendly staff and provided an excellent rustic and authentic experience replete with creaky and uneven hotel hallway floors between additions from a bygone pioneer gold rush era.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Rolf P
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Nothing special to say about this hotel. But from what I've been told, it is one of the best options in town. Everything was OK, I can't say something was particularly wrong or unconfortable, I visited in April, when it is still cold and the room temperature was good, the cleaningless was good as well. The furniture seems a bit old, but is sufficient and functional. The best part was the pub inside the hotel, which closes late and has extremely tasty food (surpassed expectations). Probably would stay here if I went back because of its location, but I as tempted to try another hotel as well.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Therandomnickname
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Great location. Close to attractions and river. Good food nearby and lots of good draft beer nearby including the wonderful beers from the Yukon Brewing company in Whitehorse (best Canadian commercial beer I ever tasted). Friendly staff. We did not get breakfast due to a mixup of when breakfast starts. It starts at 6:00A in the summer and 7:00A otherwise. We were told 6:00A, but Summer hours did not start for a few more days so we hit the road early - long day driving to Anchorage. Hotel staff was very helpful and accommodating. Hotel was reasonably priced although this stay was done on Best Western rewards points. Room was large and well apportioned. Shower and facilities worked fine, wake up call came when requested, and overall, a very pleasant if short stay. Free parking provided and ample parking available including room for trailers if you happen to be pulling one. The parking is right next to the RCMP station which probably means it is relatively safe. Whitehorse is "the big city" in the Yukon, and it is not unusual for a few very drunk young men to be wandering about the streets. We witnessed one stop in front of the hotel, remove his right shoe, pour the rest of his can of beer into the shoe, throw his beer can into the street, put his shoe back on and stagger on down the block. There was no extra charge for this entertainment :-) Only knock on the hotel would be lack of adequate power outlets near the bed. There were plenty about the room just not near the bed. There are two elevators - one (the most obvious one from the lobby) might be a competitor in the worlds slowest hotel elevator contest. The other one is much faster. This hotel was perfect for what we needed. A good stop on the Alaska Highway and a perfect distance between Fort Nelson and Anchorage. It has a bit of character as well and would be a fun place to spend a few days.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
2  Thank Robert G
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Wasn't expecting much really from this hotel - but seemed to get worse and worse for the few days that I stayed here. The hotel is ok, but then at night the people who come and fight and tell after the bars close, the rooms in the front you hear it all a got to bed at 330am due to the noise. The floors and walls are very thin as you can hear everything!!!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank torontotraveler31
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I arrived at 3 AM after driving quite a while. The door was locked and no one in sight. After calling I located the clerk to buss us in. We got inside just before the bar kicked out its late nigh patrons
which were parked around the front of the Hotel. One of the patrons was staying in the motel and had to greet me and my wife once he was let in, nice guy. I had arranged for a late check out due to late arrival but did not need to bother the person upstairs began walking around at 6 AM and ended any hope of sleep with the squeaky floors. I had to purchase breakfast a first in a Best Western for me one of the reasons I choose them, the ease of getting on the road the next day. I live in Anchorage Alaska and have seen Gold rush inn commercials for years. I will not be staying there in the future. Quite a disappointment. The manager was organizing a staff meeting in the morning and could not be bothered to help a guest find the restaurant. The elevator took me and the clerk three tries to make it work upon check in and attempting to get to my room.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple