“Great staff”

Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Whitehorse
Kimberley, Canada
“Great staff”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This hotel has amazing staff and it's a great location for Whitehorse. The room was expensive for what it was ($175/night) for a normal hotel room, but this is high season. We had to leave our fan on to block out the creaky floors of our neighbors around us. I would stay here again if I wanted to be in Whitehorse.

Room Tip: Ask to not be over the bar.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Rockford, Illinois
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We arrived in Whitehorse on a motorcycle, from Tok, AK, through road construction and 90 degree heat. I groaned as I walked from the parking lot to the lobby, knowing I'd have to help haul the bags from the bike that distance in the heat. The friendly women at the desk lifted my spirits and made the first trip to our 4th floor room (first taking the wrong elevator) and turned the AC on full blast! The rooms are clean and bathrooms are updated with bowl sinks and the BEST shower we had in our entire 14 days in AK, YT, BC and AB! The stairway marked "emergency exit" was not alarmed and proved to be the direct route to the parking lot, making loading the bike a breeze in the morning. We walked to Cantina Sanchez (recommended by hotel) for dinner and had a great meal. Pleasant, brief stay in Whitehorse.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank secondrider
Flagstaff, Arizona
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I'd recommend this while in Whitehorse, YT. Elevators provided to all floors. Decor is great for the Whitehorse area. It is convenient to local shopping and the people are friendly and helpful. You get the feeling that they really want you to enjoy your stay with them.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I revisited this hotel on my last visit and again enjoyed the rooms. The only concern I had on this trip was that they had a cover charge in place for some live music in the lounge of the hotel. I would think that guests should be exempt, considering we are paying a premium to stay here and that the loung is part of the services offered to guets staying at the hotel. I chose to go eat and drink elsewhere because I didn't want to pay a $10 covercharge to relax in my hotel lounge after my long drive. Other than that all was good and I would stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Bangor, Maine
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Stopped on way from Anchorage to Calgary.....it was a perfect stop. We stayed in Watkins Lake on the way up and I refused to go there again....EVER. SO....we tried Whitehorse and the Best Western didn't disappoint. Now when you first drive up, you say "OH GOD" as it's an OLD OLD OLD OLD OLD like hotel, saloon..it HAS to be historic....But when you enter....(oh by the way..parking is on the side in the PAY lot, but Best Western guests do not pay and if full, take a turn out back...I found a cozy safe spot out back overlooking the police station! It's a little alley...but safe) Anyway....When you enter...it's pleasing with a friendly front desk. Our room was 329 and was 2 beds. Everything was clean and comfy. As you know the building is OLD, and walking in the hallways, you just KNOW the original wood floor is under that new carpet...I was dying to peek....but the floor in the hall squeeks....it's expected to...adds character. The rooms however, are very modern...leave no old feeling to them. Completely updated. I was SURPRISED. When we staying in Watson Lake, OLD WAS OLD and CRAPPY. This was old and redone. ALL CLEAN, SPACIOUS. A tad pricey...at $175. a night. The windows are new and block out the outside noise. You CAN hear noise within the hotel but it's not overly different than any other hotel when people SLAM their doors (my pet peeve..wake up people...have some courtesy...HOLD Your door and close QUIETLY and please don't yell int he hallways of ANY HOTEL!) Anyway...I get sidetracked....
It didn't hinder my sleep and I am a VERY light sleeper in hotels. The SALOON noise I never heard at all.
I would def stay here again. The restaurant (SALOON) downstairs doesn't allow under 19 to enter...it's more a bar than a restaurant...so we had to go elsewhere....Georges (or something close to that.....ITALIAN) It was SUPER. Better than expected in Whitehorse......a little short staffed but it was 9:30pm. Overall I was pleased with Whitehorse and hte Best Western Gold Rush.

Manitoba, Canada
Reviewed 10 July 2014

This hotel is downtown right on Main Street, and this is where most of the best shopping and nightlife is. On Thursdays - Sundays there is entertainment in this hotel's bar. The music stops at 10:30 so as to ensure guests can go to sleep if they desire. There are great hiking trails close by, as well as the Millennium Trail which is an approx. 5 km round trip. There is no air conditioning, but two fans are provided and it does cool down in the evenings to cool your room. Ask for a room on the second or higher level for this reason. The elevator is really slow, but why rush? They have a complimentary airport shuffle and wifi. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Warren, New Jersey
Reviewed 9 July 2014

This hotel is more than 100 years old yet very modern and comfy inside. Room is big enough. Conveniently located to a lot of business. Best assets are its staff, everybody is cheering and friendly. Breakfast was not included in the room fare, and we tried the on-site restaurant, reasonably priced and worth trying.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple