In Whitehorse, I find it extremely difficult to find a "good" hotel. I recently stayed here for 1 night based on a Whitehorse colleague's recommendation.
From the outside, it looks like any average 3* hotel. However, I was pleasantly surprised inside. It was very large and fairly clean. I noticed the flight crew from my trip to Whitehorse was also checking in here. There's also a gift shop in the hotel where I bought some bottled water.
The room itself is fine. I've stayed before in Whitehorse in another hotel and this room was better. I asked for a quiet hotel and was given one in the Inner Courtyard. It was really, really quiet and I was happy with that.
There really isn't a closet as the hangars are out in plain view. There's a fan in the same corner for the summer when it gets warm in Whitehorse. The bed was fairly comfortable as I fell asleep easily. There's a fairly new flatscreen LCD tv. Surprising!
Internet is wired and there were some extra RJ45 cables in the desk drawer. I believe this is free and DO NOT agree to wireless access on check-in as you'll be charged extra for it ($5.95/day). I was as I didn't know there was in-room internet access.
The bathroom was of a decent size. What I should mention is that they had the cold/hot faucet reversed and I was wondering why the cold water was actually warm. There was coin operated laundry right beside the elevator.
Location is very good. Just don't wander across the street to 98 Hotel or Flipper's. Main street is about 2 blocks away - very walkable. I arrived on a Sunday and noticed many restos in Whitehorse weren't open or closed early (6 pm). Even Tim Horton's was closed at 6 pm!! For good cafe food, I highly recommend Baked (close to the Edgewater Hotel). I didn't try the resto in the hotel.
Overall, I was pretty happy with the hotel and will return here the next time I need to be in Whitehorse. I gave this 4 stars not because it's a 4 star hotel but rather it's better than the average hotel in Whitehorse.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of downtown, within blocks of area restaurants, night-spots, shopping and government offices, the Westmark Whitehorse Hotel & Conference Center is the Yukon's premier hotel and conference center. Recently renovated, the Westmark Whitehorse offers 180 first-class guest rooms and suites, conference facilities and professional special event catering. The Westmark Whitehorse is the largest hotel in Yukon and features over 7000 square feet of meeting space. The Steele Street Restaurant & Lounge serves up a fabulous menu and offers daily lunch and dinner specials. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Westmark Whitehorse Hotel and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westmark Whitehorse Hotel Whitehorse
- Westmark Hotel Whitehorse
- Hotel Whitehorse
- Westmark Whitehorse Hotel And Conference Center Yukon, Canada