Like other reviewers, this was not my first choice, but I thought that being part of the Best Western chain would mean that it would be of similar quality. Not so. In my view this is overpriced for what you get. As others have said, this hotel is in serious need of updating. The carpets throughout the hotel for terrible and had wrinkles everywhere, making walking somewhat of an assault course. The room had no aircon, which I didn't know at the time of taking it (I had assumed they all had it). As it was very warm that day I opened the window only to be greeted by the loud noise of the bar downstairs, did not make for a great nights sleep! The bathroom is very small. The room did have a fridge, microwave and coffeemaker and the bed was comfortable enough. I had breakfast in the hotel the following morning and was surprised by the very new and modern look of the restaurant, why can't the rest of the hotel be like this?
In my mind it is very overpriced and would therefore not come here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Make the High Country Inn the centre of your Yukon adventure. Recent renovations including over $1 million spent on updated guest rooms, kitchen, parking and fitness facilities make the High Country the first choice for visitors to the Yukon. Complimentary wireless internet, two restaurants, and a quiet yet convenient location ensure that you have all the comforts of home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Coast High Country Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- High Country Hotel Whitehorse
- Country Inn Whitehorse
- Whitehorse Country Inn
- Coast High Country Inn Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada