Standard room I had was quite small and a little run down. Bathroom is has only a shower, which is fine, but it was cramped. Amenities in the bathroom seemed to be the cheapest possible, things like toilet paper, tissue, soap and shampoo. Room had no desk and no iron or ironing board when I arrived, although cleaning staff brought me an iron & board when I asked. Room seems to have no heat/cool control - there is a themostat, but it didn't seem to do anything. The only way to cool the room is to open the window. Hotel restaurant for lunch is quite good, but limited menu. Staff were courteous and helpful.
Hotel is near the river and the Kondike riverboat (National Historic site), but a distance from most other hotels and restaurants. This is not a huge problem as you can walk from one end of town to the other in 30-40 minutes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Make the High Country Inn the centre of your Yukon adventure. Recent renovations including over $1 million spent on updated guest rooms, kitchen, parking and fitness facilities make the High Country the first choice for visitors to the Yukon. Complimentary wireless internet, two restaurants, and a quiet yet convenient location ensure that you have all the comforts of home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Coast High Country Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- High Country Hotel Whitehorse
- Country Inn Whitehorse
- Whitehorse Country Inn
- Coast High Country Inn Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada