Arrived at the Highcountry Inn at 02.30am after travelling for almost 24 hours. The staff were very helpful, but over the next 2 weeks touring the Yukon and Alaska we found that everyone is so helpful and nice. (being English I'm naturally suspicious of people being nice...!!!!!)
We stayed on our first and last night of our trip and found the rooms small and a bit old fashioned, the bathroom was tiny!
We ate in the hotel restaurant, which was ok, I'd recommend a walk into town for something a bit better.
Later on in our road trip we stayed in Westmark hotels, they are in a different league, if i were to return to Whitehorse (which i will its an amazing base for touring an amazing country) I will definately stay at the Westmark.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Make the High Country Inn the centre of your Yukon adventure. Recent renovations including over $1 million spent on updated guest rooms, kitchen, parking and fitness facilities make the High Country the first choice for visitors to the Yukon. Complimentary wireless internet, two restaurants, and a quiet yet convenient location ensure that you have all the comforts of home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Coast High Country Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- High Country Hotel Whitehorse
- Country Inn Whitehorse
- Whitehorse Country Inn
- Coast High Country Inn Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada