“Nice House”

Ranked #4 of 28 Whitehorse B&B and Inns
Prince Albert, Saskatchewan, Canada
“Nice House”
Reviewed 2 January 2013

From the time we exited the bus after a 36 hour journey from Prince Albert, Saskatchewan I felt we were constantly under surveilance from this man, he made it clear not to use too much water and we would have to purchase our own toilet paper and such, I was taken aback at his comments and the fact that the reservation was mixed up and he said we would have to pay more for the extra person..............No Problem.
His behaviour was inexcusable and as a person that uses vacation rentals when we have meetings I found the house was in excellent shape but the deck had nails coming out of the decking boards which I feel is a hazard and the owner was constantly in the yard or at the door or had an excuse to come onto the property, I realize that this is his property and he has every right to inspect the grounds and house but I felt it was excessive especially when he mentions to me the amount of internet that was being used.
I sat down with these owners and have voiced my opinion to them and from my experience this vacation home is not one that I would recommend.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank George S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 15 November 2012 via mobile

Definitely one of the best places where I had stayed, the people is really welcoming, and makes you feel like you are at home. Our room was really clean, and tidy, the kitchen has everything you need to make a great meal, and the location is just perfect. Attended by the very owners, they make you feel at home, really good advices for places to visit, things to d, and best place for example, to rent a car.

Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Macarena P
Reviewed 8 November 2012 via mobile

My second stay at the Midnight Sun B&B and once again Fashid and Del have made my stay as relaxing as the first. A great couple that literally open their home to you. Rooms are very comfortable, each with its own decor. Super place to return to after a days work. You have a choice of listening to the amazing stories of other travelers or simply relax in the comfort and tranquility of your room with a good book that can be found in your room. Will definitely stay at the Midnight Sun B&B on my next trip to Whitehorse!!

Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Guy B
Reviewed 6 October 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for one night. I got a room with a comfortable king size bed and a window viewing the mountains (beutiful).
I liked that the place has a seating area with a full kitchen where you can cook your self launch or dinner and sit in the living room (separated from the owners) and watch some DVDs or cable tv.
In the morning the breakfast was great and full.
I will stay there again next time I'll be in Whitehorse.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank einacash
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 10 September 2012

I stayed in this B&B for six nights and I can only add to the praise of previous reviewers. This is a unique bed and breakfast and I would definitely stay there again.

The hotel looks like a large house. It is spotlessly clean and my room was surprisingly soundproof and therefore restful. Each room has a theme. For example, I stayed in the Yukon Room. Other rooms were the Egyptian Room, the Persian Room etc. You'll have all the convenience of a regular hotel room such as a private bath, TV, Internet connection, desk and chair, and mini-refrigerator.

However, the story of this hotel is also what is outside the room. There is a large space including a lounge, and kitchen on the top floor. For me it was about 10 seconds from my room so you can run in and out with locking up all the time. There you can chat with other guests, make tea or coffee, and even cook if you want. Another nice feature is the laundry nook in the same room. Really useful for those who like to travel light!

It is well within walking distance of the downtown area of Whitehorse, but also close to two areas for light hiking, the cliffs, and the Millenium Trail.

Another feature, and probably the best one, is breakfast. All of the guests meet in the dining area at 8:30. Breakfast consisted of a different kind of egg dish each day, as well as toast, pancakes sometimes, cereal, fruit, and, of course, coffee, tea or juice. For me it was a good chance to talk with travelers from around the world in many walks of life. Del and Farshid (the owners) joined in the conversation from time to time and offered advice on where to go or what to see, plus a good helping of their own exciting experiences in the Yukon.

There are other places to stay in Whitehorse, but if convenience, cleanliness, and friendliness are what you seek, this is where to stay!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank NihonRoger
Saratoga, California
Reviewed 8 September 2012

We stayed here for nine nights, and the hospitality of Del and Farshid was wonderful.
The whole place is extremely clean, and our room (Victorian) was very comfortable with many amenities. The breakfasts were very good, especially the omelets.
They gave us information on places to see in and around Whitehorse. The upstairs kitchen and sitting room had a TV and you could make tea or hot chocolate in the daytime or evening. Del would put out some coffee cake or other snack.
We enjoyed our stay very much and would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Pat N
Inuvik, Canada
Reviewed 3 September 2012

I stayed at the Midnight Sun with friends and this is the cleanest place I have ever seen. We had excellent service and it is great vallue. Very friendly owners have created an amazing set up. They had great tips on where to go and what to see.
In the B&B are theme rooms but they also have a 3 bedroom house you can rent for more space.
We rented the house and even had a little outdoor area. Town is close by so you can just walk there.

Best place I've stayed!