“Nice to be back”

Ranked #4 of 28 Whitehorse B&B and Inns
Zurich, Switzerland
“Nice to be back”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We had stayed here already in March 2013 and came back for a total of 9 nights this year in March and April, which were split into several stays inbetween trips north. We were welcomed back by Del & Farr very warmly. Stayed in the Persian room mostly, once in the Egyptian room. The rooms are very cosy and the beds totally comfortable. The B&B is situated in a quiet part of town yet centrally for shopping and eating out. We enjoyed breakfast and had many nice conversations with other guests during the meals. We felt very much at home and will be back when back in Whitehorse the next time. This B&B is so much better than the hotels we have seen in this town.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are nice with good beds although the Persian room was our favorite.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 15 March 2014

This is a late review. My husband and I stayed here for a 4 nights in August 2013 during our vacation to the Yukon. We stayed in the Persian Room, which was clean and comfortable, with a private bathroom. Breakfast was enjoyable and filling, though my husband complained about the lack of meat offerings (breakfast consisted mostly of omelettes, toast, fruit, cereal and yogourt). Although we are not big meat eaters, I think he was looking forward to indulging in some bacon during a bed & breakfast stay.

The location provided a good base point for the trip, was a brief walk from downtown Whitehorse and our hosts were pleasant and accommodating. Our trip was broken up into several parts, including a drive to Alaska, during which we asked if we could leave some of our gear at the house since we would be returning there in a few days. Del had no problem with providing a safe place for our extra gear. Overall, we enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
North Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 23 February 2014

What a lovely stay I just experienced at Midnight Sun with Farshid and Del. The first words I heard when I arrived were; "Welcome Home". I am not big on B&Bs - when I am on business it is often a little "too close for comfort". Not so at Midnight Sun. The owners try very hard to ensure your experience is flawless while not getting too involved in your work, The place is immaculate, there are goodies and extras included. My one minor complaint is that hot breakfast is served at 8:30 am which if you have a 9 am start is too late to enjoy. But they do ensure you have a nice continental breakfast which includes three kinds of cereal, toast, juice, coffee, fruit and baked goods. I liked the lounge down the hall from the rooms which is a place you can prepare your own food and enjoy television or reading. It's a great add on to your room especially with a grocery store 2 blocks away. I stayed in the Persian and the king bed was very comfortable. Del knew that I was hoping to see the northern lights but I was too tired to stay awake. She knocked on my door to tell me the sky was on fire - and I got to enjoy the most spectacular lights of my life. Right from the front street! All in all a lovely stay and from now on, this will be my home away from home when I am in Whitehorse!

Room Tip: They are all equally good in my opinion and all the upstairs rooms are very quiet and have ensuites.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We stayed here for a week in March 2013 and had a very comfortable stay. Nice breakfast with our delightful hosts, Del and Farshid. They made us feel at home and gave us excellent advice on things to do and places to visit. We stayed in the Persian Room which was spacious and clean with an ensuite bathroom and a large king bed which was very comfortable, especially for my 6'5" tall husband. Very quiet location but an easy walk to all the restaurants and places of interest in Whitehorse, even in the snow.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Calgary
Reviewed 29 September 2013

A Lovely Bed and Breaksfast which is cozy and inviting. The breakfasts were delicious and satisfying. Excellent hosts, Del and Farshid were courteous, welcoming and hospitable. They provided us with details on sites to see in and around Whitehorse, which we found extremely helpful. We stayed for three nights and were quite content with the clean and spacious room and the communal kitchen and lounge. The hosts always provided a home baked loaf or cake for the guests to enjoy in that lounge. This lounge/ kitchen is a bonus for guests who want to prepare their own meals or want a snack at night. It was also great to have access to a washer and dryer. We found the other guests interesting and easy to visit with, perhaps a result of the warm and friendly environment. Grant, Laurianne and Mecailla Christensen.

Room Tip: Theme rooms are all delightful
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Geldrop, The Netherlands
Reviewed 24 September 2013

For the past three years, while visiting Whitehorse in Yukon, we always stayed at the Midnight Sun B&B. Every time our stay was very enjoyable! A very quiet place to stay, with excellent rooms and such a personal approach. You feel more like you are visiting friends, rather than staying in a B&B. We had a wonderful time there and we will definitely try to stay there again during our next visit to Whitehorse.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 14 September 2013

I stayed at the Midnight Sun B&B for a total of five nights in august 2013 before and after I went on the Chilcoot trail. The hosts were very friendly and helpful, but unobrusive. The breakfasts were wonderful- home cooked and lots of fresh fruit. The rooms were spatious and very clean. The victoria room had its own little fridge. There is a communal kitchen with full facilities available to guests. There is also a washer and dryer that was wonderful after returning after 6 days of hiking. Outside there is a seating area and a barbacue, so in summer it would be a great place to make a meal. The other guests were friendly and interesting, but the clientele was quiet so there was never an issue with noise at night. I would highly recommend staying at the Midnight Sun Bed&Breakast. For longer stays and families the hosts also rent self catering townhouses which are next to the B&B.

Room Tip: i would recommend the victoria room or the klondike room
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo