“A terrific host and hostess.”

Midnight Sun Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #8 of 28 Whitehorse B&B and Inns
Burien, Washington
“A terrific host and hostess.”
Reviewed 2 April 2009

The best thing about this B&B is the host and hostess. They are very friendly and take time to visit with their guests and help plan the day.

The second best thing is the location. Thirteen dollar cab fare from the airport. Easy walking distance to town yet it is in a quiet neighborhood.

The B&B is very tidy and well kept.

The host invited us to a celebration of the Iranian New Year which he was hosting. A very nice event which gave us a chance to meet a lot of locals. Spend some time in Whitehorse. We met lots of people and the people of Whitehorse are extraordinarily friendly and passionate about their city.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Ottawa
Reviewed 1 April 2009

Del and Farr are the perfect hosts. They were always there when I needed them and yet they allowed me all the privacy I wanted. I stayed with them for almost a month while I began a new job and searched for housing. They were kind, attentive, spacious and helpful in every way. I loved the room I stayed in and enjoyed its comforts, from desk to rocking chair to cozy bed to space for yoga in the morning. I really appreciated the well-equipped kitchen, laundry room, and living room. This is an entirely private area just for guests which creates both personal space and a chance to meet other travellers. To top it all off, there are amazing mountain views out of every window! Midnight Sun is perfect all around!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
Vancouver BC
Reviewed 25 March 2009

I stayed in Whitehorse on a trip to Inuvik, NWT, Canada and I have to say Farshid and Del gave me very good impression of what being pampered is like! The fact that Farshid went the extra mile to treat me well is evident:
1) He let me borrow a warm parka and winter boot from his *personal* collection to go to Inuvik. I saved $150 not having to rent it from a local store.
2) He made sure there were snacks, filtered water and orange juice in the guest living room upstairs all the time.
3) He expressed a genuine interest in serving his guest well. He wasn't pushy at all, compared to the place I stayed at in Inuvik where the owner kept pushing me to upgrade my room, my tour, my dog mushing, my car rental and even wanting to add a snowmobile trip that I didn't even ask for!
4) They have wireless Internet that actually work, not like in the Inuvik place. Knowing that NorthwestTel charges them an arm and a leg every month, they are very generous to provide us with an internet connection.
5) Local calls and 1-800 numbers are complimentary. There is a phone in my room.
6) Coin operated Laundry machine are available inside a closet upstairs, in the living room.
I have to say this is one of the best B&B I have stayed in Canada, US, England and France combined! They really know how to treat guests well. No wonder they won some many awards!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled solo
Vancouver
Reviewed 11 March 2009

Came to whitehorse on business. I am really glad we ended up staying at the Midnight Sun. Far and his wife Dell were very friendly and nice. Great breakfast continental if your up real early or full breakfast with omlette, toast, fruits etc. if you let them know what time you will be getting up. The house felt very clean and is about a 2 minute drive from superstore, extra foods, mcdonalds, kfc, boston pizza etc. The house was very well kept and felt very clean. My room and the room my co-workers stayed in were well kept and clean. There is internet access in the room (via high speed adsl) as well as in the guest living room upstairs near the coach you can plug in by the phone. There is no wireless access but this wasn't a problem just plugged the computer in. We hotel jumped first at the Westmark which was ok, then to the High Country Inn which had an ok lobby but my room and the rooms of my co-workers had a funny smell and just did not feel comfortable. The Midnight Sun was great, the living room and kitchen were great for hanging out with co-workers and making dinner but you also had your private room to have your own personal space. I posted some pictures below as well as some pictures of the rooms from the b&b's website. Far said it was ok to use the site pictures, and he gave a tour of all the rooms when we arrived and the rooms look like the pictures. This is the first review i have done hoping it will help out the B&B because the owners are really nice and i really enjoyed my stay

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
Whitehorse
Reviewed 31 January 2009

I stayed at the Midnight Sun for four weeks, and enjoyed it greatly - it is the nicest bed and breakfast I've ever stayed in. Farshid and Dell were very helpful and I will definitely be recommending it to friends travelling to Whitehorse.

Also, there is internet available, I'm writing this review from my room.

• Liked — The hosts.
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled solo
Delta, BC
Reviewed 28 October 2008

The Midnight Sun B & B is very clean, and Dell and Farshid go out of their way to make everyone welcome. As other reviewers have stated, breakfast is at a set time; however, we were politely asked what time we preferred the evening before, so it wasn't problem for us. The breakfasts were basic but good (omelette and toast, etc.) and the room spacious and private. The only negative we experienced during our stay was the lack of wireless internet. We spent 10 days in the Yukon and stayed in 6 different inns/B & B's, and the Midnight Sun was the only accommodation that did not offer an internet connection. I inquired about it when we first checked in, but was told that their internet service was not unlimited - that they were charged by use, and because it was VERY expensive, it was not really available for guest use. We were told that telecommunications in the Yukon were extremely costly, and since this was the first place we stayed at after arriving in Whitehorse, we assumed we'd be without internet for the entire duration of our trip. We were pleasantly surprised that everywhere else we travelled offered free internet access (even Beaver Creek and Dyea), so are not sure why we couldn't use the internet at Midnight Sun. If you stay with Dell and Farshid and would like to access the internet, we suggest making some inquiries to get the straight facts.
Our only other comment is that although the house was designed to be used as a B & B and there is a guest lounge on the bedroom floor, we still felt very much that we were staying in a family home and to a certain extent, invading their privacy. In all fairness, that may be more of an issue with us than Dell and Farshid - perhaps we are more "inn" type B & B people than some who prefer to stay in a more "family" environment.

• Liked — Cleanliness and size of room
  • Disliked — No wireless internet access
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
Parry Sound, Canada
Reviewed 7 September 2008

This was the best b&b we ever stayed in. These folks should give lessons to others who want to open a b&b. They have laundry available to use; they provide a wonderful breakfast and snacks. The rooms are beautiful. We stayed in two. There is a lovely sitting room-kitchen for patrons to use. They are very helpful in giving information about what to see and where to go. It was very clean and tidy.

• Liked — They cover everything needed
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple