“Pleasantly Surprised”
Review of Fusion Korean Restaurant - CLOSED

Fusion Korean Restaurant
Reviewed 23 July 2013 via mobile

We went here on a whim as we were staying at the attached hotel. We were not sure what to expect as the lounge was pretty dirty (dust on floors). It looks as though they have recently done some renovations and not quite cleaned afterward. We do not eat a lot of Asian cuisine so we were not even sure what to order. We finally settled on the Korean BBQ Beef and chicken.
Service was fast and fresh and very appealing. All dishes were authentic and very tasty with huge portions.
I was very impressed with the restaurant overall and highly recommend anyone eat there.
A little cleaner and cheaper and they would have hit it out of the park.

There are newer reviews for Fusion Korean Restaurant

Reviewed 25 January 2013

As a Yukoner, it is always exciting when there are new restaurants that offer more than the usual burger and sandwiches fair for lunch. I really wanted to enjoy Fusion - I was really excited about it... but I left saddened and disappointed.

The place was packed with the lunch crowd. We placed our order and waited. My server returned saying that my order was too complicated for the chef to produce right now and could I order one of the sushi boxes instead. While irked, having limited time for lunch, I agreed. Well, my friend got served and I waited, waited and waited. The chef actually never made my lunch. With apologies, they finally got my lunch to me an hour after I first ordered. It was okay - the standard sushi fair but by then I was starving and late getting back to work. Not cool.

I tried Fusion again a few weeks later and had the Korean food. The bibimpap - was excellent hearty fair and good, filling comfort food. It wasn't amazing cuisine but quite acceptable. I also ordered a seafood salad as an appy - it came frozen so I returned it.

Sorry Fusion - you need to up your game.

Reviewed 27 December 2012

This was my first visit and I wasn't overly thrilled. I ordered miso soup and when it arrived it looked as though half the bowl had already been eaten. It was also lukewarm at best. My husband's soup arrived five minutes after I had eaten my soup. It didn't even look like there was any liquid it in. We had also ordered some rolls, which arrived 15 minutes after his soup. The seaweed was chewy, which indicated that it was stale. We also only got two small pieces of ginger for three orders of rolls. I was quite late back to work being that the food prep took so long. I'll probably choose other restaurants in the future.

Reviewed 23 September 2012

That restaurant has new ownership. They expanded the place, renovated it and it looks great. They serve excellent Korean and Japanese food. Authentic, tasty, meals. The decor looks great. We love going there. Prices are fair and the amount of food they serve is copious. It's definitely one of our favorite restaurants to go to in Whitehorse. You'll be pleased to know they have quite a selection of meals on the menu.

1  Thank Pierre H
Reviewed 3 March 2012

The tastes of Korea are alive and well at The Fusion Korean Restaurant. You have to taste it to believe it!! Come one, Come All!!