“Delicious!”
Review of Volare Restaurant - CLOSED

Volare Restaurant
Price range: US$13 - US$24
Cuisines: American, Canadian, Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Terrace, Canada
“Delicious!”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Food was great, had the fish tacos which were absolutely delicious. Wait staff was very friendly. Didn't break the budget. Very convenient as the hotel is a bit far away from downtown so if you don't have a car it would be difficult to get to other places!

• Visited April 2014

Whitehorse, Canada
“Good food, very slow service”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Went for a small Christmas Party to Volare. We were only 11 people and had a reservation early in the evening. The table was not set upon our arrival and the cutlery literally "thrown" on the table for the people the waitress could not reach. Even though there was nobody else in the restaurant when we arrived it took about 20 min. to get a beverage, water came after that. Two more tables arrived, one with 4 persons and one with 2, and they were both served before us. Our food arrived 1.5 hours after the order!
Food was very tasty, price was reasonable, service was one of the worst I ever experienced.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Ellen H
canada
“service”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

This restaurant is located in the Skkye hotel and has a casual atmosphere with the host serving patrons and entertaining in between. My meal was very good.
After dinner I wanted dessert and was told by the owner that they ran out. He could see that I was disappointed and asked what I would have wanted. He said he would be back in 10 minutes.
When he did return I was presented with a delicious tasting chocolate cake.
Now thats service

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank janceyjh
Whitehorse, Canada
“New owners, new look, new Chef = FANTASTIC!!!”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I am a Whitehorse resident. Heard about the new owners and renovations that happened at Volare so we decided to check it out…I was delightfully suprised. The decor is laid back and calm. The atmosphere welcoming. I felt I could unwind after a long week and enjoy my Friday night at leisure. The food was straightforward, fresh and quality. We enjoyed a solid table wine - the Dona Dominga. Very nice and a little peppery-spicy… just what we like in a wine. I had the Tilapia served with rice, fried plantanas and a tasty fresh salsa. Wow - fabulous. The ingredients aren't drowning in sauces or overwhelmed with spices. I could taste the ingredients. The items on my plate complimented each other well and the ingredients shone! Bravo to the Chef. I would suggest if you are on a date or dressed a bit fancy, you may wish to order something else… I eventually just ate the fish with my hands… (Suggestion for Volare: you need more napkins available, perhaps cloth?) My partner had the steak with a secret salsa. The steak was perfect and the salsa was gorgeous. (The reason it is secret is apparently one of the owner's Chilean mother won't share the recipe! Ha!) We left feeling that we had eaten well but we weren't feeling disgustingly full. the portions were reasonable and the price was right for Whitehorse. Bravo Volare. I plan to spread the word and shall come again to try the ceviche!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Peregrina-Norte
“You get what you pay for!”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I have eaten at this restaurant on several special occasions. The food is great especially the lamb which is great value for the price. The veggies are always interesting and tasty, instead of the non-descript add-ons you sometimes get in other restaurants. The price is on the high end of the local scale but it's worth it. Service is usually great, and I've only had one instance when the server was inattentive ( must have been the 2 guys at the bar taking away her attention). If someone invites you to the Volare, say yes.

• Visited January 2013