“Overnight stay at the bed and breakfast”

Hidden Valley Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 27 Whitehorse B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My daughter and I were traveling from Ky to Alaska and stopped for a night in Whitehorse. We found Hidden Valley advertised in the Milepost, and from the first phone call to our departure Eva was very friendly and made us feel right at home. We were also traveling with our golden retriever and he was welcomed by all the 4 legged creatures as well as the owners. The views, grounds, and owners were the best. Before leaving, we were served a delicious hot breakfast. I must say after traveling almost 4000 miles this was the best accommodations of our trip. Hope to be able to go back someday. Hidden Valley was extremely people and pet friendly. Our pooch didn't want to leave!

Room Tip: The rooms are clean, comfy, and just like home.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank NancyHA014

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Wow..what can Dave and I say about Hidden Valley? What an amazing place to stay. It is just beautiful - the rooms are lovely and have lots of interesting decorations and art pieces throughout. We stayed for 10 days and loved every minute.

Eva is just lovely and provides the most AMAZING breakfast - every day was different - for example pancakes, omelette, fresh fruit, byson, nut slice, muffins, eggs...the list goes on!!! We even ended up getting married nearby and Eva and Mel were our official witnesses! Eva and Mel embraced our impulsiveness and did most of the organising for the day! Totally beyond top service!! Amazing people..it's like you are part of the family :o) We took a few walks around the property and up along the ridge that overlooks the valley views - breathtaking. Also the horses on the property are very friendly and lots of fun...Quinn and Cash the doggies are just lovely too. The outdoor heated spa is a big treat - with your own robes and towels supplied too!! I could go on and on..but do yourself a favour and if you happen to find yourself in the Yukon..stay at Hidden Valley BnB - you'll just love it!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I recently had the pleasure of staying at the Hidden Valley B&B in Whitehorse, Yukon Territories. I can't say enough about my wonderful experience there. The house and property is beautiful, the hosts are thoughtful, kind and welcoming, and the rooms are a sweet and romantic. I was there for two weeks, and did not want to leave at the end of my trip! Mel and Eva made me feel right at home and treated me like an honoured guest. I will definitely be going back!

Room Tip: I would choose the Cappacino Room given the choice. :)
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 February 2014

My wife and I came here for our honeymoon in February and had a wonderful time. The room was well appointed and comfortable, the breakfasts were tasty, and the hostess Eva was a joy. The location was just right for us too. Out of town and quiet, but only a quick drive to either the hot springs, or downtown Whitehorse.

Recommended!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 January 2014

My family of 6 plus my sister-in-law had a wonderful night at Eva's Hidden Valley. We were there in early July, the weather was perfect. Eva made us most welcome. This is a beautiful property, very tastefully furnished and the decor was a fabulous mix of past travels. Eva's kitchen was splendid and the breakfast she prepared was delicious. We stayed in three rooms (Cappuccino, Blue and Ivory) each was spotlessly clean. The beds were very comfortable and the bed linen and towels of the finest quality. This was a very special treat for my family and I have referred friends to Eva's Hidden Valley when they travel later this year.

Room Tip: Cappuccino room was very comfortable for 3 adults and a teen.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Paula C
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Hidden Valley B&B was a perfect choice for my birthday month solo trip. It is located about 20 minutes out of Whitehorse. A rental car with winter tires was a perfect solution, however taxis would have been a viable alternative.
The B & B is beautiful with plenty of windows to enjoy the trees all around. There are many options for sitting and just reading. The great kitchen is where you find yourself drawn. Plenty of sitting areas and interesting art and antiques to enjoy from their many travels.
Eva made extraordinary breakfasts. She also makes her kitchen available for personal cooking, and there is ample room in her 3 full size commercial refrigerators and 2 full size freezers. Yes, this is a kitchen to "lust" over! I did bring some frozen dinners just in case I found I did not want to go out after a day in the snow. This proved to be the case on two of the evenings. Such a lovely warm home to come back to.
My room was very nice with an private bathroom that is perfectly adequate, I loved the towel warmer. Wrapping up in a warm towel while looking out the window at all the snow was pure luxury. Joanna does a terrific job refreshing the room each day and is good for some great stories and good laughs.
Do not let the 20 minutes out of town deter you, it goes quickly and there are plenty of things to see. It was close to Muktuk Kennels where I spent a day dog sledding and the Hot Springs is right up the road.
I may not have seen the Northern Lights (too cloudy) but I do not feel as if I have missed anything. Sharing the northern experience with fellow travelers at Hidden Valley was priceless.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 January 2014

We stayed here for 5 nights while we were looking for a place to live. We were made to feel very welcome and after a little while it was almost as if we were part of the family. Breakfasts were always delicious and you can also eat dinner as well (for additional charge) if you so desire. We stayed in the Cappuccino room which was the biggest room and plenty big enough for the the three of us. We stayed off season but it's very popular from May onwards so if you want to stay here you're probably going to have to book early.

Room Tip: Cappuccino room is big enough for a small family and has an en-suite bathroom as well.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family