“Pricey but good”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 August 2014

My sister and I had a seafood pasta dish that was very good. Had plenty of seafood and the light creamy sauce very tasty. The husbands had crab cakes which was also good. Portions were good but a little on the high side. Good selections on menu.

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

After taking a several month hiatus from the cork and bull (due to poor service and slightly above average food) my girlfriends and I decided to give them another shot...mistake. After waiting for two hrs food finally arrives, in batches...some hot some cold, some wrong. Did I mention while we were waiting we did not get offered more cocktails or wine, we had to search for our waitress flag her down and then settle in for a lengthy wait for our order. Also not once where any dirty used glasses cleared from our table. at least ten women two drinks each minimum...table full of dirty dishes...gross. When I asked for more water for the table (which had been empty for over 20 mins) it was refilled - only one of the two pitchers and brought back to the table and deposited directly in front if me, as a here's your water lady! When one of the guests asked for the manager we were simply told there wasn't one present - no offer to call one or leave our number, or even to go next door to the adjacent bar they own to see if one if the owners was there...hence this review. For the money try the wheelhouse, G&P steakhouse where you can count in great food and service and on the off chance you have a bad experience there is someone present to make it right or at the very least give a damn and try.

3  Thank Jill N
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Went out to the Cork & Bull specifically try out their food tonight. We quite enjoyed our meal. We both had steak perfectly cooked to our preferences. The wine selection is fabulous - we savoured a great red from Washington that we had never tried before. Very nice. The key lime pie in its mini mason jar was a creamy treat! We thoroughly enjoyed our meal. The service was fast, the food was nicely presented and hot. The flavours were present without being overwhelming. The place did pick up around 8 / 8:30 pm and it does get quite loud - so it got a bit difficult for us to talk to each other... nonetheless, this is one of the most beautiful, comfortable, inviting places in Whitehorse. And frankly, the meal was solid and the price, while a bit on the expensive side, was right.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I have been to the C&B about 7 or 8 times since it opened. In general, the service is very good, sometimes outstanding, and the food is usually top-notch. It is a bit pricey, but no more than the other "higher end" restaurants in town. There is a good selection of food for people of all tastes. I don't eat meat, and despite this being a steak house, there is ample selection on the menu for me. I particularly love being able to get a raw oyster, and when the kitchen is "on", they make the best mushroom risotto. My husband is a fan of the steaks and the lobster mac and cheese. We have taken everyone from our business clients to our young adult children and even our 80-ish parents there and they all loved it. It not a good place for small children, although I have seen a few stressed out parents and even more stressed out tots in there. The atmosphere is fun - a little bit noisy and bustle-y which adds to the fun of the evening if you are out with a few people, but not so loud that you can't have a romantic dinner. The location is very convenient, and it's nice to people-watch if you are seated near the window. However, the last couple times I have gone I have experienced either poor service or problems with the meal. I hope this is just a temporary setback. I plan to return to give them another chance.

1  Thank YukonTravellers
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We recently spent 4 days in Whitehorse and on the recommendation of a taxi driver we tried this restaurant and we are glad we did. We were four people and we explained to the waitress upon arrival that we were going to a concert so time was an issue. We were served efficiently and pleasantly and had a delicious meal, the food presentation was good and the taste of all our meals was excellent. We chose the Artic Char, salmon and halibut which were all cooked properly. We enjoyed a reasonably priced wine from Chile and also had some great desserts, cheese cake, key lime pie and creme brule (the crust of which could have been crunchier). We all felt we had great food at a good price in a clean restaurant. In fact we enjoyed it so much we ate there again another night.