Overall we had a great trip but that had to do more with the scenery and people than the accomodation. We stayed at the Fireweed cottage beside the main building.
Our primary purpose was to see the Aurora Borealis and we were not diappointed.
The staff was friendly and responsive to any issues we had. We enjoyed the views this location had to offer but the Fireweed Cottage fell a bit short of our expectations. At $250 a night I expect a little more. This place was advertised as a 4.5 star accomodation and I'd say it was more like 3 stars that I've stayed in.
List of deficiencies:
- Dust and cobwebs in the corners.
- Hot tub wasn't really much of a tub. A foam tank with a lid. The water was clear but the tank lining was slimy and the tank smelled mouldy when we lifted the lid. We didn't have the mettle to brave it.
- Cable that didn't work the first night and had to be setup. When it was set up there was only had one chanel. While we didn't come for the cable, we thought it didn't quite live up to the advertising.
- WiFi in main building only - even though their website does not indicate that
- Microwave was broken - we were able to heat food but the rotational piece was missing
- Mugs in the kitchen were put away, and had probably been washed but they contained food residue and we had to rewash them
- Holes in the walls that had been filled but not sanded over or painted.
- Had to go ask for toiletries because we didn't have any soap or shampoo in the cottage
- Furniture on the outside decks was pretty grubby and had to be cleaned before use
- Lots of clutter on the grounds of old junk. Is there an issue with lack of "garbage dump" or recycling facilities in the Yukon?
List of Ammenities:
- Friendly staff
- Amazing views
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Inn On The Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn On The Lake Hotel Whitehorse
- Inn On The Lake Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada