“good steak”

Add it.
allegro Ristorante
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 7 March 2013

I had heard a lot about this place and was eager to try it. We made reservations but it was pretty quiet for a Saturday evening and only 3 other tables were full.
Service was friendly. It was occasionally slow - when a table of 6 needed their menu explained to them, our entrees had to wait. It's a nice atmosphere and we didn't mind.
I tried their house cocktail and found it too sour, but I like my drinks sweet and fruity.
Their house red wine was good and they serve it by the glass or carafe.
They have a great deal on a 4 course dinner choosing any appetizer, pasta, main and dessert on the menu. The calamari was good. The portion seemed small but keeping in mind it's the first of 4 courses, it was a good starter. The gnocchi was house made and tasty. My partner had the risotto and it was a little bland and over cooked. My steak was well marbled and cooked as requested. The chef slices it for you which I didn't appreciate. It's not a steak salad, it's a steak. I prefer to slice my own, that way it stays warm and juicy. My partner had the lamb and enjoyed it as well.
The desserts were fine. My chocolate lava cake was overcooked so ended up being more of a chocolate cake. I am not a fan of panna cotta which was the other dessert, so can't really make a fair comment on that.
Overall, this was a good experience and I would go back for the house made pasta and steak. There aren't many good places to eat in Whitehorse at a reasonable price. This fits the bill.

Reviewed 21 February 2013

We were in Whitehorse for the Yukon Quest and passed Allegro on our way to another restaurant and decided to stop there instead. So glad we did! Had a great meal in a romantic setting with wonderful music in the background. A dinner that we still talk about.....Allegro is a great place.

Reviewed 18 February 2013

We were treated to a very special 6 course dinner. Totally divine food....we ate and ate for hours and still our old tummies were comfortable after it all...the best sign of GOOD FOOD.