Beez Kneez Bakpakers
US$177
BestWestern.com
Little Atlin Lodge(Whitehorse)
TripAdvisor
Inn On The Lake(Whitehorse)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsdining tablefull kitchenin townliving roomnancyhostelberthabackpackersinslaundryloungers
Reviewed 14 March 2011

I've had the pleasure of staying at the BeezKneez on two occasions: June 2010 (while on vacation) and March 2011 (for a few days before moving to Whitehorse for the longer-term!). Between the convenient/downtown location, friendly and professional service (Nancy and Sylvie are amazing), the lovely decor (complete with a spacious living room, library/computer space downstairs, 2 showers, 3 bathrooms, and hundreds of postcards and souvenirs from satisfied travellers), the BeezKneez really is... the bee's knees!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 February 2011

This was my first time travelling overseas and being a female travelling alone I was a bit dubious about staying in a backpackers, but from the minute I walked in I was at ease. The staff were very friendly and the place had a great atmosphere and I was sad to say goodbye at the end of my 5 day stay. I was in a mixed dorm and the beds and linen were fine. Towels were free and the laundry facilities and internet on site was handy, and the kitchen had everything you needed to prepare a meal. The staff were very helpful in offering suggestions of what to see. The location was good and only a 5-10 minute walk into the Whitehorse centre. I would highly recommend this place if you're spending some time in Whitehorse.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 December 2010

This hostel was very welcoming and friendly. The manager is more than helpful and entertaining. There is space to socialise and to sit quietly read a book or play a game. Towels are available for use making it easy for the backpacker. And the free use cupboards are great with access to goods left by previous travellers. I would not hesitate to stay again and highly recommend the Beez Kneez to other backpackers.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 September 2010

First I thougt, the hostel is not so bad, but after the night I recognised, that I had a lot of bites. I went to the doctor and he said that must be bed bugs. So I would never ever stay again in that hostel! Also the reservation was a little bit complicated because the people there seemed to be a little bit confused.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
4  Thank Ariana_Kan
workerbeez, Manager at Beez Kneez Bakpakers, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2010

Dear Guests.....
After 10 years of operating the Beez Kneez and tens of thousands of travellers buzzing thru our home, this summer some “unwelcome guests” made their way past our security.
As with any epidemic it is common to react strongly to fear based misconceptions
Finding these little buggers in a home, hotel , movie theatre , bus , etc. etc… has nothing to do with how clean it is. Finding out where and when a guest got bitten is a frustrating challenge because some people do not react to the bites and most people will need 6 hours to 6 days for bites to become visible. People on the move can cover alot of ground in a few days
Because the Beez Kneez is a small home hostel staffed by approachable and compassionate Yukoners, our guests were able to confide in us. Through communication and education we ( our staff , guests and our local pest control company ) continue to work to together to seek and destroy these un welcome guests . Now it our guests turn to help us by using due dilligence before coming to see us. Keep your clothes either hung up or in your backpack not tossed on the bed or on the floor. Educate yourself on what they look like and where they like to hide. Literally...they come out of the woodwork to see you. If we all continue to work together I am sure that you, like the guest who wrote this comment will have an excellent night’s sleep at our well cared for and well loved hostel.

Reviewed 31 August 2010

Nice place, clean and lovely atmosphere. Website claims to provide free bike hire but they don't. No locks on doors or bathrooms (I got walked in on while on the toilet!) and no where to secure valuable possessions. Laundry facilities are available but was expensive to use and need to work around owner doing the laundry for the hostel. Apart from these, we had a comfortable stay in their private double room. Great kitchen and friendly staff.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple