“Awesome!”

and 1 more site!
Beez Kneez Bakpakers
Reviewed 14 August 2011

This was just about the coziest, friendliest and cutest hostel I've ever been to. It's perfectly clean and well maintained. It's just a superb atmosphere. Nancy the host does her part to that. She's very friendly, helpful and always up for a good laugh.

If I ever make it back to Whitehorse I'd definitly stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo

Reviewed 29 July 2011

I stayed twice at this lovely place during my travels in the Yukon. The hostel has 2 dorms (sleep 6 and 4 people), one private room upstairs and some cute little cabins outside in the backyard. The first nights I slept in a dorm for 4 people, the other nights I had booked the private room upstairs, but the little cabins outside looked need, too. If you prefer a certain room, definitely book ahead as this place is very popular and fills up fast.

I highly recommend this place to any other backpacker or budget traveller, because of its friendly, energetic atmosphere. The mattresses were unexpectedly good, the showers and toilets very clean, and there's lots of space inside or outside, to either quietly read a book, chat with other guests, have dinner etc. There's also lots of utensils in the kitchen, and a BBQ grill outside on the porch. Everything is lovely decorated and makes you feel like home.

One of the most important things to me was the enormous helpfulness of the hosts. Special thanks to Nancy, who is the most helpful person I've ever met. She took great care of all the guests needs, and ensured that everybody would have a home for the night.

Room Tip: depends on your personal choice... just ask the host what she'd recommend
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank felis24
Reviewed 2 June 2011

We arrived at 2am from haines junction, after a snow storm and 3 days camping, it was so great to open the door and feel our warm it was, the bed was ready and so comfy.. good place, good kitchen to cook. just like home. The only negative point is that if the owner has decided to clean at 10am you have to leave the hostel and no other choice.. when you need a rest it might be a bit tuff.. but the place is just really clean everyday

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2011

I spent there 4 nights with a friend on our trip to the great north. We tried 3 different rooms; dorms downstairs, private upstairs and a cabin. And we had a great time every day!
The place is really clean, new, and charming. We got everything we needed - laundry, clean towels, clean bathroom and showers, complete kitchen, board games, bbq, internet and lots of great tips from the lovely host, Nancy, who takes care of everything and knows everybody in town.

It's also a great place to know people, if that's what you want - the other guests became our travel companions on the way to Dawson City. Very international atmosphere - as you cans see from the dozens of postcards sent by thankful guests from all over the world that hang on the walls. In this sense it is great if you're looking for other people to share expenses on your way north, or to experience Whitehorse's nightlife. The atmosphere is really warm and inviting, and the common areas (two lounges indoor, benches and sofas outdoor) are super cozy. The location is pretty good (the town is not so big so everything is relatively close); there is a grocery nearby, visitor center is 10 min away and some great hiking trails really close.

The only annoyance was a german guy (guest? crew?) who told us in a very very mean and rude way to respect the 'quiet time' after 11pm - and we were not even making a noise, just walking to the toilet. But I guess that's no biggie.

To sum it up, it was the best hostel on our trip and one of the best ones I've ever been to. The atmosphere and the crew are great and make the place really familiar and homey - no matter your age or nationality. I can only recommend it! Book in advance on the summer season!

-J. from Spain

Room Tip: The private upstairs is big and really cozy!
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 March 2011

I've had the pleasure of staying at the BeezKneez on two occasions: June 2010 (while on vacation) and March 2011 (for a few days before moving to Whitehorse for the longer-term!). Between the convenient/downtown location, friendly and professional service (Nancy and Sylvie are amazing), the lovely decor (complete with a spacious living room, library/computer space downstairs, 2 showers, 3 bathrooms, and hundreds of postcards and souvenirs from satisfied travellers), the BeezKneez really is... the bee's knees!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 February 2011

This was my first time travelling overseas and being a female travelling alone I was a bit dubious about staying in a backpackers, but from the minute I walked in I was at ease. The staff were very friendly and the place had a great atmosphere and I was sad to say goodbye at the end of my 5 day stay. I was in a mixed dorm and the beds and linen were fine. Towels were free and the laundry facilities and internet on site was handy, and the kitchen had everything you needed to prepare a meal. The staff were very helpful in offering suggestions of what to see. The location was good and only a 5-10 minute walk into the Whitehorse centre. I would highly recommend this place if you're spending some time in Whitehorse.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 December 2010

This hostel was very welcoming and friendly. The manager is more than helpful and entertaining. There is space to socialise and to sit quietly read a book or play a game. Towels are available for use making it easy for the backpacker. And the free use cupboards are great with access to goods left by previous travellers. I would not hesitate to stay again and highly recommend the Beez Kneez to other backpackers.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends