“Mostly Decent”

Dining options: Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Whitehorse, Canada
“Mostly Decent”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

The nice part of this restaurant is the outdoor space in summer. As it is not in a high traffic area, one can actually sit out there without being drowned out or stunk out by passing vehicles. Food is pretty average with not much too exciting on the menu.

Redwood City, California
“Avoid if you can”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

This restaurant is conveniently located to one end of Main Street where you wouldn't find a lot of eateries (the other end & center of Main Street has plethora of choices). So in a way this place has a charm but the food is unpalatable.

We saw only one cook in the kitchen, most of the dishes seemed semi-fresh cooked and they relied a lot on the refrigerator. Salsa was so cold (straight from the fridge) that it gave a bone chill while the tortillas on my tacos were too chewy. My friend had quesadilla and that tortilla was cold & chewy too - seemed a tad stale.

Also, I saw a comment from owner that chips/salsa are complementary but we didn't get any. Perhaps its complementary for parties of 4 or more & we were only 2.

I would not visit this place again when I go to Whitehorse next. There are lot better Mex or Tex-Mex options around.

This place is also frekin expensive given the quality of food. For 1 veggie tacos & 1 veggie quesadilla we shelled out approx $28.

Watch out!!!!

• Visited February 2014
5 Thank Sona_G81
Whitehorse, Canada
“If you want real Tex Mex food, don't eat here”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

This place is a rip off. Very overpriced for what you get, not interesting and not authentic Tex Mex. If you are from anyplace that has a decent Tex Mex restaurant, (that means you American tourists) you will be sorely disappointed. I have eaten here several times because of group situations, and after the last time, I will not go back. The servers are friendly enough but I hate feeling ripped off when I go to a restaurant. $6 for a refill of store bought chips in a small bowl? No thanks.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank snowisnotcool
Ykner1974, Owner at Sam N Andy's, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
We provide complimentary buckets of chips and salsa to all of our customers. This is based on 4 people, it is clearly stated on the menu that the first one is free but extra's will cost. The buckets are intended to be a started not to be the main meal. Our chips are purchased from a supplier and we keep them in a deep freeze. We then thaw, cut and cook our own chips - this ensures that our chips are always fresh and unseasoned.
We offer bottomless pop and complimentary desserts or drinks for special occasions - it is just not possible for us to give everything away.
We have never claimed to be authentic (none of the 4 owners over 25 years has) but we recently returned from a trip to Nevada. We sampled several Tex-Mex restaurants and found the seasonings and food to be similar. We even had to pay for our chips and salsa at those restaurants.
We offer not only Tex-Mex but homemade burgers, fresh salads and wraps.
“Okay.”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

This place gave me a mixed feeling... The food is alright, not amazing. The decor is fun, patio is great, but I couldn't stand the slow, forgetful and unthoughtful service. My server forgot water when I asked for water and when I reminded her, she forgot again. She seemed swamped with tables but... Water? Really? I might try it again...

• Visited August 2013
“The staff and management are incredible here!”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I loved this restaurant! What a great group of people!! Staff and management alike! Great atmosphere and fast, friendly, DELICIOUS food!
I could eat here every day! Fantastic!!!