“mucho mucho good!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

great mexican patio in Whitehorse. greate taste and good variety. you can also add spicy if you like it. rice is excellent if you like tomatoes. all staff were very nice.

3  Thank Marie_Claude155033

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Our group (6 people) had heard complimentary reviews from our friends who had dined here. We stopped in for a lunch, but had a very short amount of time. Upon asking the waitress if we could be served and complete our lunch within a half-hour, she checked with the kitchen staff and assured us that it was possible. They were correct. Our meals were served in very short order and there was nothing lacking in the quality of the dishes. The dishes served at Sanchez Cantina rival those found in Scottsdale, AZ. My wife and I enjoyed the meal so much that we plan to return one more time before we leave Whitehorse. What a treasure of a restaurant for Mexican dining. Well done!

1  Thank BobD2011
Reviewed 6 June 2014

A small family owned place, Sanchez has been around for a long time. The atmosphere is authentic Mexica, the service is usually good and the food fresh.
A good choice for an intimate meal and conversation.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

To find a Mexican restaurant in the Yukon, much less a GOOD Mexican restaurant is rare. Sanchez certainly fits the bill.
It's kind of a weird set-up tho. When I walked in the door I thought I'd walked into the kitchen by mistake. I almost walked out again - but no ... that was the right door.
We were served promptly and seated right away. We got menus and drinks and finally chose our entrees.
The food was good and plentiful, and certainly tasty. The Margarita was one of the best I've had. (But expensive!)
So why didn't I like the place better? Firstly everything was VERY expensive. I guess that comes from having to get fresh food into a place like Whitehorse. Then ... I think the staff was very, very new as it took many trips back and forth to get our orders (and other tables had the same situation) figured out. I guess it's pretty tough getting staff around here so I've got to cut them some slack. But to be fair, it's not a huge menu and with a bit of training it should be a no-brainer. We never did get our bill ... had to go up to the counter and ask for it. But they were trying and that's what counts I guess.
My only real complaint ... with most Mexican restaurants you immediately get a bowl of tortilla chips and salsa - gratis. This place does not ... and to order them it was $7.95 for a small portion. The chips were homemade and good ... and the salsa was also very good ... but the salsa to chip ratio was way off. You got a teeny, tiny little bowl of salsa that could in no way last for the chips you were given.
I know ... lots of whining. But when you charge $20+ for entrees, you expect everything to be fantastic. It was good, but not fantastic.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I love the authentic Mexican decor at Sanchez, great tasting food, and friendly service. A great place for a quiet meal with good friends and family.