“Went 3 times while in Whitehorse!!!!!”

Klondike Rib and Salmon BBQ
Ranked #1 of 109 Restaurants in Whitehorse
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Fun, Friendly, "Taste of the Yukon" type of Atmosphere....
Hamilton, Canada
“Went 3 times while in Whitehorse!!!!!”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

When we find a place we love while travelling, we often go multiple times to try as many different things on the menu as we can. We tried so many things, such as an elk burger, the Halibut, the elk entree, the baked Arctic Char, the bread pudding dessert, and all were outstanding, full of flavour and very memorable!!!...the service was brilliant and friendly! One night they sat us with a couple girls who we found out worked there and came for dinner!!!! Now that is an endorsement you couldn't pay for!!!!....also found it it was on a TV show called You gotta Eat Here and...yes!! You Gotta!!!!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Bloomington, IN
“Epic food experience”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

On our last day of a 28 day trip we were in Whitehorse so we decided to try this restaurant on the advice of a local. We only waited 10 minutes for a table on a Saturday night. My husband had the elk stew and I had the halibut special. Both were excellent though the halibut was a tiny bit too dry. The bannock was very good too. We topped off our last Yukon meal with the Yukon bread pudding. Fortunately, we ordered one to share between us because this thing is embarrassingly huge. It was the perfect way to end our trip. That dessert was worth the visit to this restaurant. Delicious!! I would definitely return again and try the halibut fish and chips or crab cakes. It's very homey and not at all formal. Be prepared to sit at a table with strangers. They do pack people in but the service is good, friendly, helpful and quick.

Port Alberni, Canada
“Excellent as usual...”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Awesome friendly waitresses, excellent food and gigantic portions really worth the price you pay.
If you visit Whitehorse you can't miss it. Strongly recommended.

Visited August 2014
Bakersfield, California
“Tasty hardy food”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Our friends had the ribs. They looked real good. They told us it was a half portion. Wow. Bannock bread was good and the focaccia was good too. We had the halibut soup. Fresh made real soup. We then had the raw salmon with a special toasted cracker. We loved it. The wine came in small mason jars. We had the salmon dip with cheese. Very tasty. I ate so much I should have ordered less. My friend had a salad made of fresh salmons, feta cheese and vegetables. She said it was really good. Her husband had the crab cakes. Very rich and tasty

Visited August 2014
Kemptville, Canada
“Interesting place but overpriced for what it is”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

The reviews seemed good and there was always a line-up when we drove by, so my wife, daughter and I decided to eat here while visiting Whitehorse.

I ordered the half rack of ribs with maple salmon skewers, which came with roasted veggies and garlic mashed potatoes. The portion size was good, but I was disappointed because the ribs had no flavour. I've been smoking ribs for decades, and these fell flat for me. No sign of a smoke ring or smoke flavour at all. That said, the salmon was excellent. If I had to do it again, I'd skip the ribs.

My wife and daughter enjoyed their reindeer stew and elk stroganoff, but were not wowed by it, especially for the price.

Also, we felt rushed, like they wanted us out so they could seat another party. I'm glad we tried it, but if I ever return to Whitehorse, I wouldn't eat here again.

1 Thank BC-K-ville